HOW DO YOU CALCULATE A BUFFET? (E.G. GOLDEN CORRAL)

Options
12346»

Replies

• DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would not go. Just far too many temptations. Don't do it!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I don't log it and don't feel bad about it. The only buffet we really go to any more is the $9 sushi buffet and it is AWESOME
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    What works for me is stick to 5 or less items... basically so that you can remember EXACTLY the amounts and the items you ate. Some of them ARE in the database, so you CAN look them up.
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Isn’t Golden Corral the place (according to the TV commercial) with the chocolate wonderfall?

I am very interested to learn from those who have been there, does this thing become a total mess with people putting stuff in it all day long? Seems more like the chocolate bacterialfall.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it depend on what items and how much you ate? What a silly question.

Log the individual foods you are eating. It isn't magically different just because it was on a buffet table before you put it in your mouth.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I rarely go to buffets but IF I do I start with a huge salad then LOAD up on steamed veggies and 4-6 oz of roasted chicken and have a small cup of ice cream or a plate fruit. I log everything individually and have never eaten more than 800 cals worth of food at a buffett.Hope that helps :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sorry, didn't read all the replies but there's this thing called self-control. If you go to the buffet you nobody forces you to go back for seconds, thirds etc etc
  • ediblepotential
    Options
    Focus on lean protein, like chicken without the skin, and fish, and a serving size (3-4 oz) no bigger than your palm. Then stick with steamed vegetables (the ones not covered in cheese) & sprinkle with some fresh lemon.

You have a lot of people supporting you here, you can do it! ;)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Deep fried sweet potatoes!
  • Jeansquest
    Options
    No matter how much will-power you have when you walk through the door, if the aroma of food is a trigger for you, I'd stay away from any type of buffet!! Your resolve (at least mine) tends to melt and the plate gets filled.

I love Chinese buffets and tend to stick with rice, veggies (hard to come by without sauces or lots of butter), and chicken, followed by fresh fruit. Even, then I'm sure it's WAAAAYYY more than my total DAILY allowance!

They should all be required to put signs in the window that state, "EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK" ....LOL :laugh: