Tired of being the fat girl with a pretty face!

Options
Hey! My name is Amanda and I am just shy of a month of my 27th birthday. I am married, with no children (unless you count two fur babies). And, I am overweight. I weighed myself last night and it was a staggering 252.8. I am tired of being tired. I have a very stressful job which has probably been the result of my last 30 pounds or so. Please help me with my journey to my ideal weight. I am doing this for me and to show everyone that I am not just the fat girl with the pretty face. I would love some friends that can help me with my journey and me help you with your journey. Thank you!

Replies

• erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome to the party!
  • MrsKearns
    MrsKearns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it!! Ill add you!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, feel free to add me :-)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    take it one day at a time; you can reach your goals with hard work and dedication.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Hi Amanda & welcome! :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean about being tired all the time! I was too! Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • rtaculad
    rtaculad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also 27 and work a full time job that at times can be incredibly stressful. I've got two kids, and one furry one at home. Single mom here. I'm just under 200lbs. Thats a lot for my 5'3" frame, for sure. Lets get fit together!!!
  • captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    welcome you can add me.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    Welcome to the party!

^^LOL....right!!! :laugh:
  • clm123456
    clm123456 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined today as well and will be happy to share in your journey. Hopefully we can support each other! :smile:
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! I don't have a spouse but I do have a fur baby myself, a mini Dachshund named Marty who's 2, rusty in color and loves the sun. He's my pride and joy. I, too, am tired of being a fat girl with a pretty face. I've always been that way. Of course, having epilepsy doesn't help. There's where I get my stress. Lots of people can have it and just live a normal life. Not me. My seizures are so severe that I have to go shopping in a wheelchair. Yeah, that bad. I have to be careful how I hang around the house too. I can't just race around the house like anyone else. That's a scheduled trip to the floor. So I do more sitting than the average person. But I do get out of the house on the best of days, so I don't need to worry about being jammed in the house all the time, either. And I do exercise almost everyday, I aim for daily but there'll be the occasional time when I might miss a day or two. I'm always looking for new friends, so you can add me to your list if you like!!! After all, with more support comes more weight loss, right? :wink:
  • pamchops58
    pamchops58 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Ya Amanda, Thought I'd welcome you onboard.. :love:

This site is brilliant for sheer support &help when you need it there are lots of different people to reach out to all times of the day:smile:
    So, you will never be on ya own, if you stay with it & be positive things will work out you'll see.
    Please feel free to add me at any time I'm always on here ok.. x

Take Care

Pam
  • jenirobinson
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am 27 and have been here since the end of january. I am .5lb away from the 30lb mark. I started at 262lbs and I feel I have come a long way, thanks to MFP, my food scale and my drive to succeed.

I hit a plateau for most of may, but I've lost 3lbs in the last 5 days now that I increased my calorie intake and using my brand new fitbit :)
  • gamblett
    gamblett Posts: 7
    Options
    hi there!

I'm new too. Good luck and hang in there. You can do it!
  • Tstar2
    Tstar2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I am new to the site as well. I can totally get where you are coming from on the tiredness levels. I have zero energy sometimes. I have tried to lose weight in the past but never really got anywhere. I have got stuck in a rut and have placed myself in a box that has a label called 6ft big girl! Now I feel that something has clicked in my head and I am really hoping I can change. Good luck everyone
  • mrsajpj
    mrsajpj Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I am floored at how much support the MFP Community has shown me already!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amanda! I'm Stef....I'm also mom to two furbabies and have two crazy jobs, so I get where you're coming from! This site is great and I'm finding it to be very motivating!!
    Going to add you! good luck!
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :) Good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    Hi, Amanda! Sounds like we're in the same boat. I just started on MFP a couple of days ago and I'm also looking for friends. You can add me, if you want!
  • cleverhat
    cleverhat Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome, Amanda! I'm new too! I'll add you and I'll give you support! :smile: