weighing food and exercising and not loosing

Options
I am feeling a bit unmotivated I am weighing food and exercising and not loosing any suggestions???? :grumble:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you allowed ??? are you eating your excercise calories ?? maybe try upping your calories and if you are eating your excercies calories try eating only half ..GOOD LUCK
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I got stuck for a little while also. For me (and I have NO idea if it'll help you!), I started watching my sodium. After 2 weeks of this, the scale PLUMETTED! I know that most of that was "water weight," but I was taking in 2 and 3 times your DRA of sodium EVERY DAY!:noway: If you're eating your exercise calories, you might consider this. It's not getting rid of fat, but it IS getting rid of water that is making your heart work harder. Talking a daily multi-vitamin can also help. Just some thoughts for consideration.

Good luck on figuring it out!
  • twallwork
    Options
    How long have you been going at it ? I didn't lose weight by the scale for the first three months....I gained a whole lot of muscle and lost a lot of inches. one pound of fat is 3500 calories, so to lose one pound in a week it means cutting out 3500 calories in a week.... And I agree with the sodium. The main thing is to not give up....and let's take a look at your food intake....are you eating processed foods? how about soda? how about any foods with refined sugar....sugar is more the enemy than fat is ! and artificial sweeteners cause damage too and slow down your weight loss..... best way to do this is to eat clean....shop the perimeter of the grocery store....some foods have naturally occuring sodium, so you are going to get enough sodium just by eating all natural foods like fruits and veggies and meats and eggs and grains.....take a look at cereal for example....you might think you're eating really healthy by choosing say shreddies, but look at the sodium content per serving ! a lot of cereals contain over half of the sodium you NEED for a whole day ! you need 500mg of sodium per day...the heart association recommends you eat less than 2500 mg....but I say, as do others like Jillian Michael's, if you only need 500, then why eat 2499mg.....soooo i try to keep my sodium under 1000mg, but over 500. I've safely lost over 110 pounds this way, and am getting into body building....and now going through for a personal trainer...i hope all this info helps !
  • reefkeeper
    Options
    Sodium is also my weak point and make sure to watch calcium if you can, until you know you get about 130% of RDA.
  • atcgrrb8
    Options
    It will all come off. Just be patient.

As many people my weight will stick at spots for long periods and I'll get discouraged. Then, out of nowhere, I'll get on the scale to see what seem to be ridiculously low numbers. That makes it all worth it.

Mathematically it has to come off. Be patient.