ATTACK OF THE CELLULITE!!!

Options

Replies

• OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    OVERWEIGHTLUVA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps my cellulite look better is dimming the lights....until it's completely dark....

:laugh:
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    You CAN reduce it with heavy lifting... I've seen a LOT of transformations with women who have little to no visible cellulite, who started off with a TON of dents and dimples.

I have cellulite in my legs and it's drastically reduced mainly from squats and deadlifts (regular and straight legged)

Weight Lifting...IM ON IT!!! Focusing on the legs only though. Cause if I do any upper body it'll be no bueno....Im already built like a linebacker with breasts up top lol smh
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    there is thread on here somewhere about sexy legs...there is a girl on there that was loaded with it and now its gone...

I LOVE to see that thread!!!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I noticed it starts when I was maybe 22 and thin. I am 30 now, it is almost gone, there is hope! Weight training helps a lot, eating more berries and veggies, avoiding fried foods, avoiding sugary drinks and foods, and LUNGES and SQUATS have made a big impact. I also agee about the water. I also run and bike.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You CAN reduce it with heavy lifting... I've seen a LOT of transformations with women who have little to no visible cellulite, who started off with a TON of dents and dimples.

I have cellulite in my legs and it's drastically reduced mainly from squats and deadlifts (regular and straight legged)

Weight Lifting...IM ON IT!!! Focusing on the legs only though. Cause if I do any upper body it'll be no bueno....Im already built like a linebacker with breasts up top lol smh

You might be surprised. My arms have only gotten smaller since weight training. Unless I'm flexing.
  • illuminatusObservor
    Options
    Ahhhhh I wish mine would go away! Makes short shorts a no no this summer again :C
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I like the other posts which suggest weight lifting to help...Makes sense!
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    I've been eating lemon peel/rind for mine. It's known to disperse cellulite and I can tell you IT WORKS!!

do you eat it on its own??? or in a recipe?

I eat it on its own.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Running was the best thing for my cellulite. My completely unscientific theory is the jiggling breaks it down :laugh:

And another nod for weight training. Cellulite is fat and nothing blasts fat like lifting heavy. Don't worry about getting big arms, I'm getting into tighter sleeves then I'd ever have considered before since I started.
  • cravingcollarbone
    Options
    I wonder if that scar treatment would work...
    or that wrinkle reducers for faces...

Lol, I sound pretty dumb.
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options

You might be surprised. My arms have only gotten smaller since weight training. Unless I'm flexing.

definitely! I posted pics bit over a month ago showing my arms transforming from weight training (my arms are by far my biggest issue) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/559491-one-month-weights-do-wonders
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    Reducing your body fat% will help but also make sure you build muscle! I believe it's something to do with the fascia attaching to muscle reducing the appearance of cellulite with bigger muscles. I'm inclined to believe it because I often see skinny-fat girls with cellulite, but rarely on athletes, even casual athletes.
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options

definitely! I posted pics bit over a month ago showing my arms transforming from weight training (my arms are by far my biggest issue) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/559491-one-month-weights-do-wonders
    WOW!! And only in one month?? I was doing a little with my arms and a 10lb kettle ball but I stopped because I thought my boobies were getting smaller (and that's a whole nother thread) They happen to be pretty perky and "at attention" now but I fear If I do too many excercises where they are affected they might get smaller and ...welll..."go limp" , so to speak lol

Bat excercises did you do?? How many pounds?
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump for later!!
  • OVERWEIGHTLUVA
    Options
    I wonder if that scar treatment would work...
    or that wrinkle reducers for faces...

Lol, I sound pretty dumb.

Dont feel dumb! You'd be surprised at the 'weird remedies' that actually work but no one initially put two and two together because they had nothing to do with eachother. ANYTHING (non-toxic lol) is worth a try
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helps my cellulite look better is dimming the lights....until it's completely dark....

Hehehehe that has helped me too!! :bigsmile:
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't give up hope! I had cellulite on the back of my thighs just a year ago, and after lots of gym time and a little weight loss, it's practically gone. I'm at work now, so I can't take pics, but I'll try to post some tonight. And I'm twice your age, so you definitely have youth on your side! :wink: If you didn't have cellulite before you gained weight, the chances are pretty good that you can get rid of it with weight loss, clean eating, exercise and lots of water. I never had it until I was in my 40s and started gaining weight. Good luck!

Here's a picture of my leg this morning. No cellulite!

Leg6-3-12-1.jpg
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to understand what causes cellulite to understand how to get rid of it. Cellulite is caused when you have fat deposited between the muscle and the skin, but the fascia (the fibers that hold the skin to the muscle) doesn't stretch. So you essentially get a "quilted effect" that we call cellulite. The best way to get rid of it is to get rid of the fat--exercise. Weightlifting will shape the muscle under the fat and help the appearance of cellulite. Skin brushing (someone said t-tapp has a great system, and they do) will increase collegen production and thicker skin means less visibility of cellulite. Caffeine increases the firmness of the skin for short periods. Massage CAN help break up fatty deposits and occasionally stretch fascia (but if you plan on losing weight to you REALLY want to stretch that out?). Hopefully this will help you make an educated choice.
  • finallyFIT_ForMe
    Options
    Cellulite is the dimples in the fat.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I dont feel like fighting with pictures, but mine is going away.. I had severe "lower-butt bumps" and with squats and lunges and planks (no fancy gym equipment) its going away. Tightening the muscle underneath the fat while you are losing it is definately the key to losing the cellulite!

I was told it all has to do with your body fat percentage, the higher you BF% the more celullite you wil have... It makes sense to me at anyrate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!