I lost 14 lbs in 3 days. Help?!

Options
I binge ate (4500 c a day) during Memorial Day and weekend and went from 182.4 to 194.6. From Tuesday to Friday morning I went from 194.6-180.6. Is my body just going back to normal after the water weight? I've never lost that much weight so quickly before. It scared me alittle. My body felt alittle water logged and my wrists and ankles swelled a bit. Should I see a doctor? What should I do if my weight loss doesn't stablize?

I drank Apple Cider Vinegar
ate around 1200 cals. Wasn't hungry.
Thursday didn't have much food.
Exercised for an hour Wed
Danced for 3 hours Thurs
College student

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you gained a bunch of water weight then it went away. If it continues like that for next week with you eating normally then I would certainly call your doctor.
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sometimes,the scale's wrong. maybe you didn't even gain weight. either way,water weight :)
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Clearly... your scale is broken
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You may have had a little too much sodium intake and gained water weight. Then, when you got back and started eating normally & exercising your body dropped the water.
  • nanabrown2012
    Options
    Lucky you... mine didn't go away that easy.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    How old is your scale? My old scale used to do that as it was very inconsistent, which is why I love my new scale oh so much. But yeah, it could be water weight. Check to see where you are in a week and then reevaluate.
  • jayrey72
    jayrey72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your kidneys are screaming at you. Drink tons of water. High sodium intake = lots of water retention.

Binge eating like that, rapid water retention, and then rapid weight loss is also hard on your heart.
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar??? I heard it burns ur stomach lining
    My hubby got an ulcer from it
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Water weight.
  • Starbella19
    Starbella19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just bought the scale so I know it's not broken. I made sure using the digital scale at the GYM. Both were the same. I use braggs Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water. It's very healhy and good for you and has healing qualities. I guess it works for some and others not. This weight gain and loss is real. I can even see the change in my body. But thank you for your responses :)! I'll keep monitoring it to make sure it wasn't something serious.
  • Starbella19
    Starbella19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also, been drinking 4-5 20oz bottles H2O a day.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Unless you lost one of your limbs, it's water weight/food retention.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did you have a nearly 50k deficit in calories over those 3 days?

If not, then it wasn't fat.

I can gain and lose 5 pounds a day quite easily. It's water and possibly TOM (if applicable).
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Unless you lost one of your limbs, it's water weight/food retention.

lol I always love your answers to these types of questions.