Help me stop eating!!!

Options
After every meal I crave more and more. Mostly sweets. Like I just ate a HUGE lunch full of protein, a little carb, veggies, and fruit. but im sitting here eating sweets trying to make myself stop but cant..

:(

any suggestions?

Replies

• jessicob
    Options
    I wish I had the answer...i have the same problem I just want to keep eating....I just try to work out more to compensate for overeating calories. good luck!
  • lanteik
    lanteik Posts: 25
    Options
    Sugarfree gum will help curb my sugar cravings. After about a week my cravings for sweets will diminish.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OMG! I've been having the same problem! And I keep giving in I swear my body is scared its going to freeze and wants to put on the fat it had last winter! If you can figure it out let me know! I've worked so hard and now I just want treats all the time!
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I find that when I just seem to want to eat, eat, eat sugar free gum and a tall glass of cold water seem to help. I also try to get up and do something that requires my hands and walking, ie. cleaning, laundry (if at work try walking to the copy room to do your copies or something like that).

Something else that helps is to figure out what I really want and eat that. I usually am having a craving when that happens and I don't realize it.

I figure out:

sweet or salty
    crunchy or soft
    spicy or mild

Maybe that will help. It doesn't always work for me but most of the time it does!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Do any of you try drinking a big glass of water before you eat? Sometimes that helps me. If it doesn't then I go find something to do to take my mind off of eating.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Distraction works best for me.
  • xtina11179
    Options
    I am not a sweets eater....or at least VERY RARELY! But it seems as though when I am trying REALLY hard to stick to my calories, that is when I crave them. They other night my boyfriend and I went grocery shopping. He wanted ice cream so I said "yeah, no big deal, I don't ever want that kind of stuff." Much to my chagrin, what do you think was screaming my name at the top of its lungs a few nights later? You got it, that Friendly's Cookie Dough ice cream!! Luckily I maintained control and grabbed an apple instead. Whew!

But I also agree, I feel like as soon as I am done eating, I want something else!! I hate it!!:grumble:
  • liz72
    liz72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Since I don't know the specific things you're eating, I'll just suggest that you watch your sugar intake, especially on those carb foods. They tend to cause you to crave more carbs and sugar. Also, you might try adding a bit of fat because that will curb your appetite. Fat keeps you satisfied much longer.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    When I was younger and still having my monthly's I found I craved sweets alot. Taking calcium vitamins helped curb my cravings in a huge way. Try it daily and see if it works for you.:smile::wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • beach_angel05
    Options
    I hear lemonade is an appetite curber, you could try drinking some of that after a meal if you feel a hunger pang? :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    or go brush your teeth. you usually won't want to eat after that minty fresh feeling.
    or polish your nails.

also, part of why you keep craving is something to do with satiety center in your brain. see the post about rules you can break or cheat's that are ok--something that was posted up today. it covers that very topic.

and come up here to post. after a few minutes, the craving should subside.

hth
  • OliveBranch
    Options
    I'm reading this as I drink I diet Hansen's soda post-dinner, trying to curb the sweet cravings!
    I totally know where you're coming from.
    The only thing that has helped me is to prepare a meal, sit down AT THE TABLE to eat it so that I'm really mindful of what I'm eating, and then immediately rinse my dishes and leave the kitchen!
    I've found if I move on to something creative I enjoy after a meal, such as writing, sketching, or taking a walk, the urge to keep going soon subsides.
    It's not always easy, though.
    The trick is to not deprive yourself of the foods you love.
    If you LOVE sweets, find a way to work them in to your diet/exercise!
    Leave an extra 100 calories or so for a treat at the end of the day. Then you can work for it to make
    sure it is within your guidelines, and it will taste SO much better!
    You're doing GREAT!
    Best wishes,
    -OB:flowerforyou:
  • tabbi187
    Options
    Few suggestions that other people may have mentioned
    BUT I also have this problem the only thing that I have found to work is eat sweets!

You can eat a big ol meal and you may or may satisfy your hunger but if you are still craving something sweet afterwards here are some tips.

I personally have either 100 calorie pudding cup or a fun size candy bar after dinner almost every day.
    These will not hurt you as long as you include them into your calorie/fat count and if they do not fit than make them fit by eating less calories throughout the day (such as eating a smaller portion if you know you are going to want dessert).

Another is eat something sweet with your meal such as fruit with honey/sugar or applesauce.. This may help.

Drink water with crystal light in it with your dinner to give you some sweetness.

Of course it all depends on what you are craving but you can always have sweets during the day as long as you are smart with your choices (no triple chunk butterscotch caramel brownies with ice cream) and smart with your portions (1 serving should always be enough).

try:
    a chocolate covered strawberry or pretzels
    a (light) caramel apple
    applesauce
    fun size candy bar
    100 calorie packs and puddings
    any fruit
    rice cakes

Remember- Most things you can eat just as long as you only eat a little and fit them into your calorie count.

Do not think of this as a "diet" where you are starving yourself and not eating what you want.. Think of it as your goal and always think about your decisions before you make them and do not deprive yourself of the things you love because in the end it will backfire and you will probably over do it just eat only a small portion or find a lighter and more healthier substitution.

Hope this helps
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it. If you do buy it, you're obviously going to eat it. If it's sitting right in front of you, there's not much chance you're going to walk away from it unless you're ridiculously strong...unlike myself.

You might want to try a cup of green tea when you're craving sweets. The bitterness of the tea can help with sweet cravings.
  • vitabella
    vitabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The SAME thing happens to me! As soon as i finish a nice big healthy lunch, or dinner, a minute later i am craving sugar. I literally am fighting myself over it. I usually just get out of my house and go walk, or i started eating more fruit/carbs during the morning which has helped me control my cravings. Good luck i know its super hard to say no to sugar!