6ft tall women, what is your goal?

Options

Replies

• amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hello, tall women!

I"m only 5'11", and I have a very small frame - my wrist is 6 1/4" around. Back when I weighed 150, I was still 20% body fat! I'm thinking that my goal is somewhere between 150-165, with some wiggle room - I have started lifting weights and am hoping to have some more muscle mass than 10 years ago.

I hate it when people tell me that there's no way I weigh as much as I do... it's so rude. Like I can't read a scale or something. "Oh, really? I will bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS, I know where there's a scale!" Can't wait for the day someone takes me up on the offer. :bigsmile:
  • Aurora76
    Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft 1 and I wear heels too.
    SW: 271
    CW: 257
    GW: 160ish. We'll see when I get there. I was 180 in high school size 14 and wasn't all that self confident. I thought I'd drop goal to a little bit less and see how I feel.
    I would love to do a Tough Mudder once I reach goal.

I've been doing a Chalean Extreme/ TurboFire hybrid program. My elliptical is great when I want to workout and watch a movie at the same time. I've cut out full sugar pops and most sugary items except for the occasional treat.
    Feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get. :)
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    I am 5'10" 1/2, and very small-boned and slim-framed. I'm about 148 or a little less right now and my goal weight is 135, but really I just want to look less... doughy! I think I look a lot heavier than I am because I'm so soft :(

I'm reluctantly trying to convince myself to start weight-training instead of doing solely cardio -- I can't afford a gym and I live in a teeny house with a roommate who's always home, so I'd basically be working out in the kitchen while she makes sarcastic comments, LOL... but I move into my own place pretty soon and am going to work on it then.

I admit, I still dream of being 5'2" and adorable sometimes, but I've really learned to love my height. I wear heels sometimes now!
  • WhatitisLiz
    WhatitisLiz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and I haven't been below 200 for about 5 years now, hovered around 215 for a while, which I was ok with, but then I moved in with my boyfriend 3 years ago :/ Let's just say my body doesn't agree with not being single. Anyway, initially, I wanted to get down to 185 (high school weight), but I put on a lot of muscle in college and just found out that my LBM is 174 now, so, my new goal is somewhere between 190 and 200.

This made me giggle because I have found that my body doesn't agree with my relationships either! In the past I have found that when I broke up with a BF I dropped 2 dress sizes almost instantly. Now I am married so that is not an option, it's just funny to me how our body responds to our different lifestyles.
  • turqouisechica
    Options
    6'2" lady here. The best way to figure out your ideal height is to find out your lean body mass. Your lean body mass is essentially everything but your fat (muscles, bones, organs, etc). Then, add on 25 pounds for fat, and that's your goal weight!

I have a lean body mass of 156 (I have a lot of muscle, so my lean body mass is high), so my goal weight is 181.
    ^^^this is awesome!! I never could decide on a 'goal weight' this really helped! Thank you! I can't wait to have my LBM test next week now!
    As some women on here have pointed out, you should probably add on more than 25 lbs. I’m personally adding on 25 lbs (because that’s the healthy average for everybody, including all heights and ages) but I didn’t take into account height, so probably at least 35 lbs would be more realistic and healthy.
    According to the lean body mass calculations + 25lbs, my goal should be 148. Personally, I would look unhealthy and strange that small.
    Where did you get this calculation from? The internet or an actual machine? Because that seems like a really low lean body mass for someone in the 6 feet range. The internet can’t give you your personal lean body mass…it only gives you the average for people your height, gender and age.
    I don't understand the +25 lbs.
    If you had 175 lean +25 fat, that would be unhealthy 12.5 % body fat.
    The +25 lbs is for everyone on average, and doesn’t take height into account, so I guess I should have said that first. The average person is “supposed” to have 25lbs of fat, but again, if you want to do 35 lbs instead due to height, that should be healthier.
    I have a feeling this should have been "add 25%" instead of add 25lbs.
    A woman with 12.5% body fat most likely won't be getting her period. 12% body fat is low even for a very fit man.
    Actually, I looked it up and 25% would be on the low side of the healthy spectrum. You’re right….12.5% body fat is way too low. Here’s a site about it based on age and gender. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/library/blbodyfatcharts.htm
  • jadelucythomas
    Options
    Hi, mine is 160, I started at 267, had a car accident and gained 56!! (I work in stones UK so had use a calculator! Was 19st, dropped to 11.5 stone, now at 15.5 stone).

Now working my way back down to 160.

Good luck everyone.

x
  • swobbles
    swobbles Posts: 46
    Options
    5'11 & 1/2

SW: 190
    CW: 155 (GOAL)

I thought I was pretty happy with 155 but after seeing some pics from this weekend, I think I may need to reconsider and drop a few more. Or at least start lifting more....

^^ Twins. I had a SW of 180 and my goal is the same as you and we are exactly the same height!

Great to see so many tall ladies. Feel free to add me.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You have a very similar CW and GW to me! I'm 6'

CW: 215
    GW: 190

Good luck!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • VeggieMamaChristi
    VeggieMamaChristi Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I feel and look great at around 175-185 and that's where I'd like to be. I'd like to be a size 12-14 instead of a 16-18 and to be able to run a 5K without stopping. ... and to be below 200! For some reason, that's just a magic number in my mind.

this is me too! I had a back surgery so am not 6" tall. I am closer to 5' 10" or 5' 11" at this point
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be around 180-185lbs... I am currently at 195lbs... The last ten are the hardest to lose. I have did like you also after my two kids I have flucuated from 240-220 Those days are over no more.... If I can't get to 180 I will be fine with 190-185lbs I just really want to look toned...
  • gamjohn
    gamjohn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to know how many calories you all are eating in a day. As I said, I'm 6'1". My SW was 231 CW is 219 GW is 185.
    I had a good loss the first 2 weeks and am slowing down and I think I may not be taking enough in. I'm averaging around 1000 a day with a goal of 1440.
  • amycatem
    amycatem Posts: 1
    Options
    This an amazing thread! I'm so happy I found it...I'm 6ft, started at 228 (16'4), currently 219 (15'9).

Am aiming for 175lbs (12st 7lbs).

Lost lotsof weight with the Cambridge diet a couple of years ago and got down to about 12 stone 12...was about 11 stone 7 when i was about 20 and felt great...but that's maybe a bit ambitious as i am now 30!

As someone else said, I have massive hips which i think has made me always feel fat, even when i wasn't. Going to have to learn to own them!

Please feel free to add me.
  • Lludick
    Lludick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft (1.82m) and I feel comfortable at 141lbs. I have a delicate build though, and very little muscle. I have lost 26.5 lbs and reached my goal weight (through calorie-watching alone), but feel I need to start exercising to add definition and feel healthier.
  • skrytie
    Options
    I am 6'2", 260 lbs., with a lean body mass of 150, and a goal weight of 170-180, retaining most/all of my lean mass, with a resulting bodyfat percentage of @ 14-15%. I cannot believe that I thought I was heavy at 170-180 before!! My lowest adult weight was 155, but that was in my early twenties, before I was married, and then, the lowest it was after I divorced in my later twenties, was in the 170-180's. I have tended to stick around the low 200's to 230's, but in the last year have packed on more weight, due to stress of going back to grad. school and moving, a death in family, poverty, etc. I really need to get back to a healthy weight and body composition!!!
  • Bizarrochick
    Options
    Hi I am 6ft tall and at my heaviest weighed 325 lbs, I am currently 297 and would like to get right down to 175.
    I don't ever remember being under 200 lbs so this is my ultimate goal really.

It's so nice to see all these lovely tall ladies here in one place.

When I tell people how much i weigh they are shocked because it's stretched out I suppose and doesn't look that much compared to a shorter person. Sometimes that doesn't help me mentally either when I find out a friend of mine who looks very overweight (Rounder than me if you know what I mean) and she still weighs a considerable amount less than me... that messes with my head and then I question my ability to see myself truthfully, am I kidding myself etc.... But I forget that I am a lot taller than most of my friends.

I'm happy for anyone to add me as a friend if you like!

:)
  • crzdirector
    crzdirector Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Can someone please send some 6' women to Athens, GA...increasingly fit 40yr old dude seeks them for long-term companionship ;)

Great job ladies
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". At my heaviest I was 265lbs. People would never belive me when I tell them how much I weigh. I get the response: " But you carry it so well" (whatever that means) or "stop lying you don't weigh that much". SMH! I think to myself if I was going to lie about my weight I would go much much lower lol.

CW: 224
    GW: 180/ 170ish depends on how I look at 180 :-)
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of tall ladies up in here.

I'm 5'11", looking to get down to 150 for no other reason than it's a nice, round number. Lol.
    I was 167 before getting pregnant last year, got up to some god-awful high number while pregnant, and now I'm down to 179 after having her 5 months ago.
    In reality I will probably diet down to about 165 and then decide whether I still want to shoot for 150. It may be a little low for my height, but I have a super small frame. Seriously... I have bird bones.
  • nancy_S78
    Options
    I'm 5'9" current weight 189lbs goal weight 165. My smallest was 129lbs (competition weight). that when the weight didn't stop creeping back up lol.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    5'11 & 1/2

SW: 190
    CW: 155 (GOAL)

I thought I was pretty happy with 155 but after seeing some pics from this weekend, I think I may need to reconsider and drop a few more. Or at least start lifting more....

^^ Twins. I had a SW of 180 and my goal is the same as you and we are exactly the same height!

Great to see so many tall ladies. Feel free to add me.

Ooh - triplets!! (almost)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!