I suck at this!!

Options
January I started working out 2 days a week . Then from March 5 -April 20 I was going to Zumba 3 days a week, I felt great. End of April I went on a cruise worked out once but then ate & drank whatever I wanted. I came home last day of April. May 16 I started MFP I was doing ok at first with staying within calories, I worked out twice, lost 2 pounds then another holiday! I am having trumble getiing into a groove/routine and sticking with it. I am now back to my 5/16 weight :(

Replies

• aerinayden
    Options
    Take baby steps to get back in to it. I've had the same struggles, but each day is a brand new day and a chance to start over. I had to start doing the little things first, such as take the stairs instead of the elevator. Rather than just let my dog play at the park, we take walks (she still plays at the park, but we walk to a different park now just for the walk). I cut out soda and drink water before each meal, which has really helped me cut down on how much I consume. You can do this! Maybe start taking Zumba once a week (or working out once a week) and build from there until you get back to a routine. I know I have my times where I feel like I should just give up, I fell out of the groove/routine, and it's hard. But, then I remember why I am doing this in the first place and it helps me get started again. Just remember, each day is a new day and a chance to get back to your goal. You can do this!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's a life long battle. We all have ups and downs. At least you are trying. Take it slow and make small changes you can stick with forever.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    There is a lot to learn in the world of fitness and nutrition and you won't be an expert in a matter of months. You're learning where your weak points are so you can better learn to either prevent them all together or counteract them.

Continue working out a few days a week and focus on hitting your calorie and macro nutrient goals. Find activities you enjoy doing to make getting exercise that much easier. It's summertime now so lots of things can be done outdoors or there are great classes at rec centers and gyms. I don't know how familiar you are with strength training, but it is one of the absolute best things you can do for your body. Protein is most important for energy and cell recovery so 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass is ideal. Also, TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS. While you may not see much movement on the scale, you will see changes in your measurements. (I'm down only 15 lbs or so but over 17")

You got this. Keep moving forward and continue doing and learning.

EDIT because I'm incapable of spelling today.
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Ok, you "worked out twice and lost 2 lbs"....this is probably water weight and I hate to break it to you but two workouts probably isn't going to make much of a difference. You really need to give this time! You are not going to see results overnight. You might work out for an hour/day for a week and gain 3 lbs--its ok!!! Give your body time to adjust to what you are doing. Don't sweat gaining 3 or even 5 lbs for this first couple months. Stick with it and good luck!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. A way to be healthier. And healthier does not just mean skinnier. Slowly start working out and eating right. Making little different food choices. You'll notice differences and soon you'll realize it doesn't bother you and you enjoy eating healthy and getting out and moving around. Just takes time.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You gotta want it.

If you want it, you'll find the time and put in the work.

Given time, that hard work and effort will show.

You can't deposit a dollar and expect to have more than a dollar to withdraw.