breakfast smoothie recipes

Options
anybody have any? I have googled my butt off and I cant find any recipes that arent loaded with sugar in some form or another!

Thanks!

Replies

• sasser215
    sasser215 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 c strawberries, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tbsp almonds - blend til smooth.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    when you use a really ripe banana (like turning brown) it's all the sweet ya need!

mine usually consist of milk, some banana, and another fruit and ice!

for a 'desert' smoothie, i put in milk, banana, some unsweetened cocoa (and sometimes a 1/2 or 1 tbsp of nat. pb)

pears and oranges are really good in smoothies-high in sugar but that good for ya sugar!

blend the fruits first, then add ice, blend again, etc etc until ya get the consistency ya want!

oh! and if color doesn't bother you----add in some spinach or kale! really filling and good for ya!
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    I just made one this morning!
    1 cup of mixed frozen berries
    1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt (I use Fage)
    1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
    1 tsp of Coconut oil
    OODLES of cinnamon
    Sometimes when I feel like I'm lacking veggies, I shove in a ton of spinach in it at the end. Can't taste it at all! I tend to change up the fruit and veggie combination with pumpkin puree, banana, cucumbers, carrots, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
  • MrsPatchon1837
    Options
    wow.....these recipes sound delicious! Never thought to use vanilla almond milk....duh.... lol
  • pandeamonia
    pandeamonia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't add sugars to my smoothies, but they are mostly fruit, so it does have natural sugar.

Typically I will use a banana, 1/2 cup of strawberries, 1/2 cub of blackberries (fresh or fresh frozen on all fruit), and occasionally kiwi. I use about 1/2 to 1 cup of skim milk (depending on the consistency I want) and a serving of protein powder (right now, I'm stuck with soy isolate, but it works). I will SOMETIMES throw in a kiwi if I have any. So, probably quite a bit of NATURAL sugar, but nothing processed. The protein gives it a bit of a boost, along with the natural pick-me-up from the fruit. I also put flax seed meal in my smoothies to add fiber. I got my carb-conscious father hooked on these... but now he eats all my fruit, haha.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Carrot juice and mangos are great in smoothies, makes em sweet!