Help me.. please

Options
So im relatively new to MFP and I absolutely love it. Everyone here is so supportive and I definitely need that. But I began my weightloss on May 13,2012 and I havent seen any change. Im becoming discouraged FAST. Im eating so much better and even doing some cardio. And I see no change, I dont know what im doing wrong. Any advice?

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements? If you are building muscle, you may still weigh the same, but are smaller. It really hasn't been that long, so don't be so discouraged. This is a long journey, so try and be patient. Try adding in some strength training to tone and firm up. :)
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1. Take measurements - your body changes more than the scale
    2. Watch your sodium, your diary isn't opened so I can't see it but sodium is an evil little thing & will sabotage you
    3. Get a food scale & weigh everything - measuring is a real eye opener

Most importantly - patience! It didn't go on in a month, it won't come off that fast either
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 weeks before MFP and was MAD that I hadn't seen any changes. Then, they started happening. Sometimes is takes a little time. What kinds of foods are you eating? Maybe make your diary public so we can see what is going on. It might be a simple fix. I am here for ya and if you need to scream, I can listen! :)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. It's only been a couple of weeks. You didn't put the weight on overnight, so it's not going to come off overnight. I think it took me almost a month before my body realized that this was a thing that was actually happening. Just be sure to drink more water and you will be fine. :)
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Take measurements - ASAP!! That's my best advice. On weeks when the scale didn't move, the tape did. That encouraged me so much.

Don't give up dear. By eating smaller, healthier, and expending more energy there is NO DOUBT that the scale will eventually more. It may take more than 3 weeks hon, but do not fear, it will move.

Think of it this way, it took more than 3 weeks for the food to stick ON our bodies, it is likely it will take time for the food to slide OFF our bodies. =)

Hugs!
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooooo much guys..imma make my diary public for a few minutes take a peak and lemme know what I may need help with..please.