30lbs down... still haven't dropped a pant size... really?!

Options
So, this morning I hit 30.4 lbs lost..... but I still have not dropped a pant size (hence the name of the topic)! I have dropped a size in tops... and I know that I'm pear shaped so I'll lose weight up top first and all that jazz, but this is kinda nuts.... my pants are looser (and I'm not complaining, by any means), but still it's weird. I know it'll eventually drop.... so no worries there....

I JUST WANNA DROP A PANT SIZE!!! AHHHHHHH! :sad: (tantrum over) I think actually losing a pant size would solidify my weight loss because though I can see it on the scale, my perception is that I'm still 30 lbs heavier.....

Anyone else share in my plight? I just wanna make sure I'm not a freak of nature (well, not as much of a freak of nature)....

Replies

• cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! I have to lose 20 or 30lbs before I can get into a pants size smaller. My bras, on the other hand, are an entirely different story. I lose evertying i got up top after about 10lbs :)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! I have to lose 20 or 30lbs before I can get into a pants size smaller. My bras, on the other hand, are an entirely different story. I lose evertying i got up top after about 10lbs :)

Me too.... 10lbs down I lost everything up top! Glad I'm not alone!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries their weight differently! Keep up the good work!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've lost 47 lbs since my daughter was born.. and only went down ONE pant size! Drives me insane..
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've always been like that too. The last time I lost any significant amount of weight was around 5 years ago and I lost 40 lbs and you could barely tell. I BARELY fit into 16's but I could in some styles of jeans. But still....40LBS! lol!

I'm doing better this time around since I'm measuring and I'm doing more exercising then I did last time which is making a difference. :)
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad I'm down 33 lbs and went to go bathing suit shopping last weekend thinking I have to be atleast a size smaller but nope,all my pants still fit :( so no new clothes for me just yet,but we will get there!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem. I lose in my legs and hips, but not so much in my tummy, so now, after having lost 60 lbs, I feel like my tummy is disproportionately big compared to my lower body. I'd rather have your problem. Huge tummy just looks yucky!
  • Jay0hwhy
    Jay0hwhy Posts: 63
    Options
    your pants might have been too tight before. you probably look way better in them now !
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I too have to lose like 20 lbs or so before I lose a pant size. It can be annoying but I realize im Hippie and its a beautiful thing gives beautiful shape to the female body. No worries mate, it will bugde sooner or later. Happy Losing :happy:
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It takes me losing 40 pounds before anyone can tell any difference, because my face stays slim whether I gain or not. And I have the same problem with pants. But...I guess it's different, cause I'm a guy. When we get fat, it just goes to our stomach usually.
  • casslynn298
    Options
    36 gone and I am just now starting to fit in a smaller size. Not even all of them. I feel your pain :cry:
  • dbondie19
    dbondie19 Posts: 1
    Options
    Its been the oposite for me. I went down 2 pant sizes before I lost a pound. Everyone is different. Just keep working everything will fall into place. After 6 months of no weight loss I have finally started to see the scale go down. No matter what, our health is improving!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It took me 20lbs to drop a pant size. And it was frustrating as hell. I think I've blown through the next pant size 8lbs later, but haven't checked. All I know is that I feel great! Congrats on your weight loss and don't let your pants get you down!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    your pants might have been too tight before. you probably look way better in them now !

THIS
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have also lost 30lbs and have not dropped a pant size however in blouses i went from 3x to 1x. My bra is about the same (thank goodness)
  • AJ_Pete
    Options
    Thank bejesus you guys have been there! It's killing me!!!!!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It's because you're pear shaped. I've lost between 15 and 20 lbs, am at my goal weight, and still wear the same size. If I'm lucky, I can squeeze into one size smaller, but not consistently. I've lost 1.5" around my hips, and that's IT. I refuse to lore more weight just to get into one size smaller. Cheers to everyone out there with badonkadonks! :drinker:
  • AJ_Pete
    Options
    I have also lost 30lbs and have not dropped a pant size however in blouses i went from 3x to 1x. My bra is about the same (thank goodness)

Psssssh! Boobs... gone! I wish I still had them!!!
  • cherridawnn
    Options
    Don't lose hope. When I started, it took 25-30 lbs lost to change pants sizes. But now It is more like 10-15 lbs to go down a pant size. Just keep up the good work! :-)
  • partioke1
    partioke1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, I have lost 47 pounds and gone from a size 20 to a size 14 on the bottom. But the "girls" are still dominating! Would like to lose more on top.