"Boy" Pushups!

Options
zombilishious
zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
NSV! I know it's a small thing to many, but I am so completely proud of myself for being able finally do regular pushups! I completed 3 sets of 8 "boy" pushups last night and might have actually had it in me to do 10 :smokin: I've never had the upper body strength to do more than 5 before!

On top of that, my squat weight is over 100lbs :happy:

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how you feel, for the first time in my life last year, with Jillian pushing me, I did my first full push up.

Apparently it's core strength that does it not the arms, as I also thought.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    congrats, i know the feeling but you are a little more advanced than I. I just did three in a row last night, i was so excited i jumped up and down lol. keep up the good work!!
  • abejita803
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work you are doing...in no time you will be doing more reps.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. I can only do about 6 and I have been doing nothing but Jillian for the past 4.5 months! LOL I can do cheater pushups like nothing though! LOL
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    That's great those boy pushups are really hard to do if you don't have the upper strength:)
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options
    Very cool. Push ups are pretty tough but, as you now know, they are doable :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!