alcohol consumption

Options
2»

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is also an issue for me...not only the drinking but what I eat during and after a night of drinking.

Tonight I am planning on not drinking...this will be the first Friday in years that I have not had a few cocktails. It is going to be difficult...I hope I can do it :laugh:

you are my twin...and i did that last friday night - nothing, nothing at all...i felt freakin' amazing saturday morning and got *kitten* tons accomplished...now, idk about tonight but we'll see :) GOOD LUCK!
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight without cutting it out completely so there is a way. its just like cupcakes or cookies. Fit it into your calories ! I try to only drink on nights when I know ill be dancing, that way at least I burn some off.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking a lot.

I like being fit/healthy/in shape more than I do drunk in a club/bar.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Most restaurants have a "skinny" variety or drink. I never could stand the taste of diet and rum or whiskey until the zero sodas came out. Not I use zero and whatever hard alcohol I have on hand.
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    this is a great read: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

i personally have cut back, but i still go out a couple times a week and only have a few drinks. i build it into my calorie load.
  • dgyfrsh
    dgyfrsh Posts: 5
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of beer. Moderately during the week, and excessively on the weekends.

I limited my drinking to Fri and Sat only.

I cut out beer, except the occasional Select 55.

When I do drink, it is Rum and Diet.
  • DawnM62
    DawnM62 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love a glass of wine with my evening meal before my drive for health and fitness LOL I would quite often finish the bottle most nights but now I try to have at least two dry nights a week and stick to the one glass as after a few I raid the cupboards
  • elispine
    elispine Posts: 23
    Options
    This is also an issue for me...not only the drinking but what I eat during and after a night of drinking.

Tonight I am planning on not drinking...this will be the first Friday in years that I have not had a few cocktails. It is going to be difficult...I hope I can do it :laugh:

you are my twin...and i did that last friday night - nothing, nothing at all...i felt freakin' amazing saturday morning and got *kitten* tons accomplished...now, idk about tonight but we'll see :) GOOD LUCK!

Triplets....I am planning on not drinking either, it's going to be VERY difficult!!! Good luck to you!!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is once I basically eliminated alcohol (maybe 1-2 glasses of wine one night a week), I slimmed down dramatically. My stomach and waist became smaller, and my face looked thinner, too.

So now when I occasionally indulge in a few beers, I can immediately see the difference. I look and feel bloated the next day. It's absolutely not worth it to me. I'll enjoy a glass of wine or a tasty drink every once in a while, but my every weekend habit of drinking a ton, which usually means "4th meal" of something wildly greasy and unhealthy is over. I used to love drinking, but now I love feeling good at night, and the next morning, too!
  • LemonJADE
    LemonJADE Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to have to cut down my alcohol consumption, but not cut it out completely. And I will lay off the cider!!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much cut it out. I'll still drink but I stick to liquor straight or mixed with diet sodas. Occasionally I'll have some wine or a beer but I try to stay away from those.
    this is a great read: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

i personally have cut back, but i still go out a couple times a week and only have a few drinks. i build it into my calorie load.

^^^This is good advice IMO.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm with most of you. I cut it out completely and haven't looked back! I just plain don't want to anyway. I had my fun in college, but now it's time for me to grow up. :) plus I cannot tell you how much better I feel now! It's truly indescribable!
  • ElaineWL
    ElaineWL Posts: 7
    Options
    I've been resisting this so hard, the need to cut out alcohol - because the only thing I really drink is fruity ciders which I know full well have tons of sugars and calories in them BUT I've made so many huge changes all at once, this would have been a step too far haha! (Huge changes = eating clean, eating a deficit, eating breakfast for the first time in about 35 years, exercising regularly for the first time in over a decade)

But despite all these huge changes I've only lost 13lbs in 3 months so its time to give my lovely fruity ciders the heave ho until the beer baby has shifted. Wish me luck!! *sob*

(I'd have maybe 4 - 6 of these ciders over a weekend and can't cut out the social drinking so I'll be trying some of these suggestions here, thanks everyone!)