Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    THIS is the bomb.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! I go to the gym realllly late at night because I like as few people with me as possible, and there are 3 guys that work out together same time, every night. They always wave, say hello, and after a, ahem, tiny hiatus from the gym, the second I walked in the door they said it was great to see me back. It's nice to know that what you think about yourself and what other people think are generally 100% different.
    Thank you for posting this!! :)
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome, just AWESOME!!! ;)
  • aqua_girl
    aqua_girl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm teary eyed reading this. So inspirational. Thanks for sharing!
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Srsly cried this is awesome! I will hold my head high now when I the fat girl jog :) Thanks for posting doll!

This!!!
  • g0tta_lose_it
    Options
    This is amazing!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I love this, whenever I see anyone "bigger" out running I am cheering them on in my head. I know what it's like to struggle running for 60 seconds, it takes so much to get out there! Fantastic, thanks for sharing
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for posting.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    {sniff} Made me cry... :) This was so good t read, especially sitting here all sweaty, trying to decide if I should do my treadmill time too. Guess what... now I will. Thank you.

Me, too!! Most excellent blog!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The blog post made me cry. To the OP - thank you for sharing. What a moving, beautiful thing post. Ever since a drunk fraternity guy told me my freshman year of college that I was so fat and ugly that I should just kill myself and stop polluting the world, it has been a daily struggle to see any worth in this body.

Unfortunately, those words all those years ago didn't motivate me to lose weight. Instead they drove me into a very deep, dark depression where all I did was eat and cry and sleep. I've come a long way since then, but deep inside, I still truly believe that many people who see me out wogging (walking & jogging intervals) view me as fat and ugly. A daily struggle, for sure.

Fortunately, our YMCA's motto is "Healthy at Every Size" and they really cultivate an atmosphere of acceptance and kindness that has allowed me to go there for at least 5 workouts a week and not to feel self-conscious, for the most part.

Now that I am working with a male personal trainer who has me in the free weights area a lot, around the fittest of the fit, I am struggling to overcome those feelings of inferiority and self-consciousness all over again and during every workout. Each one I get through feels like a small personal victory, perhaps a "sc$ew you" to those fraternity guys who thought the world would be better with one less "FAT GIRL".

Finding the time and motivation to work out is not easy under the very best of circumstances, and yet you are out and doing it 5 days a week. Keep on keeping on. Every step is progress, and every lifted weight is helping you to discover the new and wonderful you :)

Keep on with your personal victories, and definitely sc$ew them. :heart:
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Love this. I'm trying to get motivated to start running now. I WANT to run, I've just been scared and haven't been good about carving out the time to do it. This makes me want to run even more. :bigsmile:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Last summer the route I run everyday there was this older very heavy set older woman (older than me) I saw her out fast walking just about everyday with her HRM on arms up above the heart and everytime I passed her I thought good for you. It took alot for me to get out running and I was in fairly decent shape when I started.
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Love..needed the motivation myself to get down to go run today and this is PERFECT! Thanks so much! :flowerforyou:
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    Options
    made me cry... :heart:

gonna hold my head up at the gym from now on! i 've got nothing to be ashamed of! I'm here... I'm strong (even if only my spirit is strong, the body will follow) and i'm changing or the better!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    The blog post made me cry. To the OP - thank you for sharing. What a moving, beautiful thing post. Ever since a drunk fraternity guy told me my freshman year of college that I was so fat and ugly that I should just kill myself and stop polluting the world, it has been a daily struggle to see any worth in this body.

Unfortunately, those words all those years ago didn't motivate me to lose weight. Instead they drove me into a very deep, dark depression where all I did was eat and cry and sleep. I've come a long way since then, but deep inside, I still truly believe that many people who see me out wogging (walking & jogging intervals) view me as fat and ugly. A daily struggle, for sure.

Fortunately, our YMCA's motto is "Healthy at Every Size" and they really cultivate an atmosphere of acceptance and kindness that has allowed me to go there for at least 5 workouts a week and not to feel self-conscious, for the most part.

Now that I am working with a male personal trainer who has me in the free weights area a lot, around the fittest of the fit, I am struggling to overcome those feelings of inferiority and self-consciousness all over again and during every workout. Each one I get through feels like a small personal victory, perhaps a "sc$ew you" to those fraternity guys who thought the world would be better with one less "FAT GIRL".

Finding the time and motivation to work out is not easy under the very best of circumstances, and yet you are out and doing it 5 days a week. Keep on keeping on. Every step is progress, and every lifted weight is helping you to discover the new and wonderful you :)

Keep on with your personal victories, and definitely sc$ew them. :heart:

Those FIttest of fit are probably thinking good for you especially if they see you there on a regular basis. I will admit when I would see someone new and spend like 5 minutes on some weights then wanders around thats it or some guy who spent more time looking to what channel he wanted to flip the TV to than actually working out. Then I wonder why they are even here. Kinda like the big guy who does crunches all the time trying to loose the belly fat.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That was probably the most beautiful and heartfelt message I've ever read. You have an amazing way with words. I was brought to tears. Thank you for sharing and for the motivation to keep moving forward!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Impressive. Now that I can run extended periods I draw further inspiration from those I see struggling to do something that I have become so accustomed too. I remember that I was in their shoes not that long ago.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love this!!