30lbs down... still haven't dropped a pant size... really?!

Options

Replies

• sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have lost 14 lbs and have only lost one pant size.
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue, but while I haven't dropped a pants size, I noticed that I DID drop a dress size. All because of my top half being smaller. Maybe you're the same way. Go find a cute dress and boost the ego! Haha.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue, but while I haven't dropped a pants size, I noticed that I DID drop a dress size. All because of my top half being smaller. Maybe you're the same way. Go find a cute dress and boost the ego! Haha.

I have! I bought a ton of maxis the other day.... starting to look far less pregnant in them!!! haha
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

That's about average, 10-15lbs per pant size
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I've lost 22 lbs. My pants before were tight, they are begining to fit better. Keep up the good work! We'll get there!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Are you tall? I know that being tall myself, it takes a lot more for me to drop a size. I am down 52 and only down 2 sizes so far. On shorter people that would be a huge difference in clothing size.

I'm 5'8, so yeah.... kinda tall..... PS- LOVE your default pic!

I'm 5'8 too.....imagine that! At least we can go up and down a bit and still maintain our clothing sizes unlike the shorter ladies. It is nice to say you dropped 5 sizes when you lose but it is also nice to be able to fit into the same jeans if you gain a few (not that I want that to happen, lol!)....thanks about the profile pic :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yup me too. Barely down a pants size after 40 pounds. Of course most of the pants I have are loose. But last time I tried on pants, no dice. Dresses on the other hand I am down a full size. I am just going to wait longer and hopefully they start zooming off. I have lost quite a few inches. I am down in the bra size (both cup and band)

One comment, from a friend here, and something I never noticed. Sizes above 14 are generally 2 inches apart for each measurement. Sizes under 14 are about an inch apart. So if you are over 16, it takes more to lose a size. It will get better later!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to what exercise you are doing? If you are just dieting you will get a smaller version of yourself, but in all the same proportions you are now. If you lift weights, it will completely change your body shape and give you nice muscle tone!! I have lost my weight by watching my calories, but also by lifting weights as my primary exercise. I am down one full size and getting ready to go down another size. When you lift weights, you burn many more calories than you realize and you burn many more after your workout. Just a suggestion if you are frustrated. A great book on the subject is New Rules of Lifting for Women, you might want to check it out. I wish you lots of success!!!!

See hon!! THIS is why i got that book and am building up the courage to start weight training! I remember seeing a post on here about a lady who took pics of herself at 130 pounds or so but one was when she'd been lifting weights....she went down like 2 pant sizes but weighed exactly the same!! I could care less if the scale doesn't move but i'm dropping pant sizes!!

Also, it seems like i've only gone down like 2 sizes and i've lost almost 50 pounds!! I think one lady on here was right when she mentioned that our starting pant size may have been tighter and looks better on us now ;)
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options

That's about average, 10-15lbs per pant size

I'm ok with it since I'm losing inches and seeing results. The human body is weird.
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    same her. 27 pounds down and im the same size in tops and bottoms, but i have just started to notice pants fitting a little more comfortably.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 50lbs, and am still at the same pant and shirt size!
    Im so close to dropping down a size, but Im not quite there :(
  • stewsh
    stewsh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same-ish boat. Down 20 lbs and same pants, belt's tighter, but that doesn't mean much when I'd rather be in different jeans. I'm sad we're dealing with this, but glad I'm not alone. Keep it up!!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :explode:
    So, this morning I hit 30.4 lbs lost..... but I still have not dropped a pant size (hence the name of the topic)! I have dropped a size in tops... and I know that I'm pear shaped so I'll lose weight up top first and all that jazz, but this is kinda nuts.... my pants are looser (and I'm not complaining, by any means), but still it's weird. I know it'll eventually drop.... so no worries there....

I JUST WANNA DROP A PANT SIZE!!! AHHHHHHH! :sad: (tantrum over) I think actually losing a pant size would solidify my weight loss because though I can see it on the scale, my perception is that I'm still 30 lbs heavier.....

Anyone else share in my plight? I just wanna make sure I'm not a freak of nature (well, not as much of a freak of nature)....

^^this
    Exactly the same issue. All my tops are getting loose but my pants are lose so I have to use a safety pin to keep them up but my damn pant size won't go down. UGHHH:explode:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 27lbs to drop a pants size and then another 20 to drop to another.

About every 20lbs or so, you'll drop. But that first one may be hard to notice. I had to have people tell me that my pants were too baggy before I realized they didn't fit.
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 before I saw any change in pant size! I'm wondering if maybe I really WASN'T a 24 and just squeezed my *kitten* into jeans that really didn't fit. LOL But 63lbs down and I'm a 20. Slow and steady girl. Slow and steady.
  • iwanttodothis
    Options
    I'm tall and it took 20# to change pant size, shirt size, everything. Lucky ones are those that can tell after 10#. But it does come and it feels good.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have found it is because maybe I was wearing my pants too "small" in the first place or I tried to change brands from previous sizes.
  • kdavis82508
    kdavis82508 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have this problem. I have lost 21 pounds and I hate reading about people who lost 20 pounds and all these pant sizes. My boobs are getting smaller, but would feel a lot better if I lost a pant size
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have this problem. I have lost 21 pounds and I hate reading about people who lost 20 pounds and all these pant sizes. My boobs are getting smaller, but would feel a lot better if I lost a pant size

Haven't I told you to stop watching those damn infomercials?:tongue:
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! It took over 30lbs before I could start wearing a smaller pants size. Even then, I can't wear a smaller pants size in every brand. I have a big pooch though, so i'm trying to work on that. :(