Ladies....shaving question

Options
2»

Replies

• natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My best advise would be to get them lasered. It only takes a few visits and the hair never grows back and if it does it is very fine.

how much does that cost? very interested!!!
  • brainbird2
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss, I guess even success brings its own problems! How about hair removal cream? Veet or Nair are good.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Razor burn is the worst for me and I have such sensitive skin I haven't found a single shave gel/cream that doesn't iritate my skin.
    I use baby oil for shaving all area's and LOVE IT.

dove deodorant is the best. after i shave it's the only thing that calms my super sensitive skin. i use it on my pits, my legs, everywhere. it's amazing.
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I used to cut myself all the time, irritation was terrible. Laser hair removal has saved my life. I haven't seen a razor all year.
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    Do laser hair removal---costs are down and after a few treatments you will probably have only a stray hair or two to deal with. Totally worth it!!
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    Use an electric shaver! Impossible to cut yourself.
  • GreatVibe
    GreatVibe Posts: 87
    Options
    Waxing does not hurt one bit! I mean, okay, it does, but it's "expected" pain kind of. It's WAY worth it and lasts longer than shaving (obviously) So if i were you i would wax!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I have shaved every second day for pretty much, let me do the math, 29 years. But, the other day, I started pricing out laser hair removal for my pits. I mean, it's not like I'm going to change my mind and want a rug there. And, I'm getting tired of all the maintenance. Anyway, I hear you. Less time shaving is more time to exercise, right? :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I shave in very awkward directions. It's like you scoop into your armpit. Haven't even ever considered waxing them.
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    My best advise would be to get them lasered. It only takes a few visits and the hair never grows back and if it does it is very fine.

how much does that cost? very interested!!!

Cost varies by location. Quality of lasers vary. Some charge by area and some by amount of time or both. In VA I pay 150$ for a half hour session which is enough time to get arm pits, bikini area and a few other stray misc hairs. I go to a doctor's office. You should smell burning hair as they do it. I went I another place on a loving social coupon and it was a crappy laser that gave poor results. This place I saw changes after my first treatment. Want to do my entire legs next. BTW it does feel a bit like someone snapping a rubber and against your skin but it is done fast. Over bone hurts the most..and it should sting a bit then you know they got the hair follical good!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I shave with lotion...you then just rub it in when you are done. But I have also noticed that mine are more concave. Be sure to use fresh blades, less chance of knicking/cutting yourself.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I may look into laser hair removal now after reading these. Would be nice to not even have to worry about it.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Razor burn is the worst for me and I have such sensitive skin I haven't found a single shave gel/cream that doesn't iritate my skin.
    I use baby oil for shaving all area's and LOVE IT.

dove deodorant is the best. after i shave it's the only thing that calms my super sensitive skin. i use it on my pits, my legs, everywhere. it's amazing.
    I love Dove deoderant! I put it under my breasts before I put on my bra in the summer to avoid chaffing... Still a fluffy chick!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Get one of the razors that is not as wide - usually they are for bikini lines. It will help you control which area you actually run the razor over much better. Gillette has them, I know for sure.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have to share.... I have been struggling with teaching my 10 year old how to shave. She had terrible razor burn. I found a new razor that has worked wonders for her (and I have started using them too.). They are called "intuition" by one of the major companies. You don't have to even use shaving cream they work so well. I have extremely course hair. But if it works it's worth the extra cash for a good razor.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    yes i have noticed the same thing. i have had to resort to TONS of shaving cream and finding the smallest razor possible. waxing is a good option, too.