ALCOHOL

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink straight vodka because I'm notoriously unclassy that way :')

This
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight and watching what I eat has made me SUPER aware of how many calories I used to drink and not even know. :grumble:

Now when I go out I work out BEFORE like a mo'fo' and plan out exactly everything I will be drinking (It doesn't matter what, it's whatever I feel like for the night but I PLAN IT OUT beforehand to make sure there is calorie room!). And I always have to be the party pooper and say "sorry, I have had enough" and fight the peer pressure. :cry: On the bright side, I haven't had a hangover since I joined MFP.:ohwell:

Looking forward to the days at maintenance when I will have a bit more wiggle room, but even then, I doubt I will ever mindlessly drink as much again...it's just too expensive calorie wise. :grumble: And as much as I like booze, I like my new svelte self better. :smile:
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Heineken, Shiner Black or Jameson...when it comes to alcohol I do not skimp on calories.
  • finaglingsock
    Options
    Clear booze + diet soda, mostly!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    IF you really want alcohol, just order a good tequila on the rocks and sip it. The margarita mix contains ridiculous amounts of sugar.
  • mwebb29
    mwebb29 Posts: 1
    Options
    straight shots of tequilia 4 ozs 276 calories!!!
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    jamison or crown, double, straight on the rocks. Its worth it....but only have one drink

You are my new best friend!
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    Crown Royal over ice with a bit of water. sip it slow and let the ice melt. yummmmmmmy!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Beer. Real beer. Life is too short to drink crap/light beer.

Exactly!!!
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    The just don't drink people are lame. Moderation people, vodka has 60-65 calories a shot. I like soda and 3 limes! I always have 0-1 drinks a night and include and save it for my calories.

Have a drink or two if your working out and eating right it's not going to kill you!
  • dls1957
    dls1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    red stag and diet coke or pepsi
  • Kkawalski
    Kkawalski Posts: 5
    Options
    I allow myself 1 free day every other week and drink as much beer as I want on that free day and my weight loss is just the same!
  • sarahr512
    sarahr512 Posts: 9
    Options
    I go for Vodka and soda water with limes! it's the mixer in the margies that is so bad. Try one made with all fresh lime/lemon/orange as the juice!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Ciroc Berry and Cranberry....also Grey Goose and Pineapple....I don't drink to often but when I do I don't worry about it....One night of it won't kill ya...Lifestyle baby!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I found the best secret to drinking low calorie. Vodka and Mio (you know the zero calorie flavored water stuff) SO GOOD! Poor the Vodka, add the water, then add as much Mio as you wish.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Beer. Real beer. Life is too short to drink crap/light beer.

THIS! But then again, I will be the first to tell you that I would probably be losing weight faster if it wasnt for the beer, but I live in Boulder and its all delicious!
  • Chris_acc_can
    Options
    Mill Street Organic (100 calories). Tastes great and happens to be low in calories. It's a Toronto based beer.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    SHOTS !! about 70 Cals, or whiskey with Diet coke
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I agree with the work out like mad, eat a little, and drink like a *kitten* philosophy. Food just gets in the way of your belligerence.

My lady and I have long debated the ounce vs. ounce and a half contents of a shotglass. I swear I measured once and most household shotglasses contain 1.5 ounces. This is why MFP doesn't work so hot for vodka shots, because they're usually more like 100 calories instead of 65. Maybe I'm being too cautious...

I know a typical jigger, used to make cocktails in bars, contains 1.5 ounces.
  • jrwatson87
    jrwatson87 Posts: 66
    Options
    This topic makes me upset because alcohol has soo many calories and it takes a larger person such as myself so much more of it to feel anything. That being said, you can still enjoy yourself! I usually stick to vodka shots and diet coke backs. Pre-game at your house with skinny margarita mix or 0 calorie caramel syrup (I use it for a new take on low cal white russians) and maybe save some calories throughout the day or exercise before and after the drinking. Don't forget to rehydrate yourself the next day!