ALCOHOL

Options

Replies

• jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan and Coke Zero (check my diary if you don't believe).

There are some 0 Cal margie mixes available, got one a few weeks back. All those calories in the margie are from the fruit juice and sugar, the alcohol itself has the standard value of around 65 Cals/ounce for 80 proof booze. By the by, 1 shot = 1.5 oz, so its about 95 Cals/shot.
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I found the best secret to drinking low calorie. Vodka and Mio (you know the zero calorie flavored water stuff) SO GOOD! Poor the Vodka, add the water, then add as much Mio as you wish.

brilliant.
  • jade1108
    jade1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually have wine as I know there is 500 cals in the one that I drink and I never have the full bottle however last weekend I finished my exams and actually had a weekend off from uni work and placement for the first time in a long time and I had a lot to drink .... kopparbergs, wine, larger, vks I still logged everything and did not feel guilty as it is not often I go out plus I still lost weight :) x
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 1 free day every other week and drink as much beer as I want on that free day and my weight loss is just the same!

You must not drink very much then....:wink:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I drink wine because A) I love it and B) its much easier for me to keep track of how much I'm consuming (alcohol and calories) than if I'm drinking a mixed drink. 6 oz of shiraz is 6 oz of shiraz, but it's hard to tell just what's going into a mixed drink if someone else is pouring.
  • sarahr512
    sarahr512 Posts: 9
    Options
    I go for Vodka and soda water with limes! it's the mixer in the margies that is so bad. Try one made with all fresh squeezed lime/lemon/orange as the juice!
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sunshine - 145 Calories 14 carbs
    Heinieken - 150 Calories 13 carbs
    Red Wine - 135 Calories similiar carbs
    Sam Adams Light - 119 Calories similiar carbs

Yeah mixed drinks seem to be the worse. I know understand why I gain so much weight at 22 and lost it so quickly lol.
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    white rum + diet coke although I end up having about fifteen of those.. so haven't been drinking the last two weeks to see how it will affect my weight loss. so far so great
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Beer. Real beer. Life is too short to drink crap/light beer.

THIS! But then again, I will be the first to tell you that I would probably be losing weight faster if it wasnt for the beer, but I live in Boulder and its all delicious!

Haha Me too but I am still lossing weight. I never normally have more then one or two anyways.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    If I have anything other than wine I frequently tell the bartender exactly how I want something made, down to the ounce in terms of the hard stuff. That way I know what I'm drinking.
  • Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Funny that this is the topic since I was about to post a topic about this earlier .... I'm either sipping on one or two miller lites since they are 95 cals a bottle

Im just confused as if light beer is better than having a mixed drink w vodka and calorie free flavoring so I'm going to give that a shot tomorrow. I normally go for grape vodka with diet sprite
  • shevmg
    shevmg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yummy wine is great :)
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking miller light you might as well switch to water....but to each his own. I personally LLOOOOVE beer, but mostly drink craft beers which tend to be very high in calories. I put up a similar post not long ago because I do not want to give up beer. I think the best thing to remember is everything is fine in moderation. A lot of people suggested to drink a beer and follow it with a water, then beer, then water, etc. Its easier on your calorie intake aaaand equally as important...your wallet. Win, win!!

I guess in short.....if you like it....drink it. Just try and do it less. And put in a couple extra miles on the treadmill that day.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Always ask for a low cal alternative. Fresh limeor lemon juice with a splash of cranberry or other fruit juice added to your favoritie liquor (preferably clear..tequila /vodka) often works well.

Sounds like a few of you might enjoy this group as well. :drinker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/622-like-minded-lushes
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Red wine or beer or tequila or Jameson or all of those, if it's a good night.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    get a flavored rum or vodka, touch roses lime and soda water. Very little carb or calories.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I drink margaritas all the time. But if going out...it has to be fresh. Otherwise, you get nailed harder than a 2-bitwhore. Mixers will kill you in any drink. Just go with Hard alcohol on the rocks.
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BEER and a HOOK (XX's Lager and shot of Jameson)
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    :happy: TEQUILA IT MAKES ME HAPPY!!!!:happy:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    :happy: TEQUILA IT MAKES ME HAPPY!!!!:happy:

tequila makes me f*cknuts