I BURNED 1,229 calories Today

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    768 in one hour still sounds really high....

I can run a 5k and only burn about 400 calories....(3.1 miles in about 36 minutes)
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    That would still be wrong hunny!

If you said you run 1/4 of a mile in 10 min. then you'd run 1 mile in 40 min. and 2 miles in 80 min. which would mean you were walking the track at 2mph.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Way to go on the run!

So 4 times around a quarter mile track is only 1 mile - do you actually go 8 times around....I am confused....

Well that's what the Major in the office told me :mad: We have the very large PT track (and the man measuring it w/a wheel [calibrate] told me the large track was a quarter of a mile) and I do 4 times around it in 50 minutes (+5 minutes for stretching before and another +5 minutes after I run). I time myself and I do a quarter of a mile in 10 minutes. I "changed" my exercise diary to reflect 10 minutes a mile and got 768 calories burned...I'll take it! :bigsmile:

Blessings!

Eva
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Don't be upset. What you are doing IS working for you! You are losing weight. It's just that you may not burning as many calories as you thought. But don't let it discourage you. It doesn't matter how fast you are going just continue to exercise. Just log it as 2mph for 60 minutes if you are eating back your calories. Or you could purchase a heart rate monitor.

You are doing great! Congrats on the 20lbs!

20 October 2009
    60 Minutes Calories Burned 1,229
    Cardiovascular
    Running (jogging), 10 mph (6 min mile) 60 1229 remove

Daily Total / Goal: 60 / 60 1229 / 380
    Weekly Total / Goal: 120 / 240 2458 / 1520

My daily calorie intake is 1,250 :happy:

Check out my "weekly" stats :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Blessings!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/diary/LittleEva44

Eva

Guys! :sad: :sad: :sad: I TIME myself! I run a quarter of a mile (the large track) in 10 minutes. I run 4 times around the quarter of a mile track in 50 minutes (I stretch 5 mintues before and after). Am I to tell the MAJOR in the office his calculations are wrong? I also googled a quarter of a mile. I do this regimen for an hour and have lost 20 pounds.....:sad: :sad: :sad: PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE LOGGING IN, :sad: :sad: (SNIFF, SNIFF, snort, Eva wiping her arm on her sleeve).

Eva
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep, this still isn't working out. I think you're looking at just a couple hundred calories at most because 2 miles in 1 hour is a leisurely walking pace...

And I'm not just blowing smoke here (although in this case, the math just doesn't lie) - I'm a personal trainer! It's great you're doing what you're doing and congrats on the loss. Just make sure you're giving yourself an accurate representation of your work so you don't derail your progress.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Way to go on the run!

So 4 times around a quarter mile track is only 1 mile - do you actually go 8 times around....I am confused....

Well that's what the Major in the office told me :mad: We have the very large PT track (and the man measuring it w/a wheel [calibrate] told me the large track was a quarter of a mile) and I do 4 times around it in 50 minutes (+5 minutes for stretching before and another +5 minutes after I run). I time myself and I do a quarter of a mile in 10 minutes. I "changed" my exercise diary to reflect 10 minutes a mile and got 768 calories burned...I'll take it! :bigsmile:

Blessings!

Eva

Does it take you 10 min to walk around it ONE time or FOUR times? Because if it takes you 10 min to walk around it one time then it is 40 min for one mile.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    768 in one hour still sounds really high....

I can run a 5k and only burn about 400 calories....(3.1 miles in about 36 minutes)

Am I doing this at a slower pace? Grrr, going back to see more info, thanks!

Eva
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Way to go on the run!

Blessings!

Eva

Do you see what you've said here? You time yourself doing a QUARTER of a mile in 10 minutes. You're changing your diary to reflect a 10 minute mile. That means your diary is showing an effort FOUR TIMES what you actually did. 1/4 mile in 10 minutes = 1 mile in 40 minutes. That's a 40 minute mile, not a 10 minute mile. :wink:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Maybe I should enter an "exercise not listed". Blessings!

Eva

Help | Blog | Follow Us: | Logout My HomeFoodExerciseReportsToolsCommunityWelcome, LittleEva44 | logout Exercise Diary l Database l My Exercises l Settings

Add Cardio Exercise

Search our exercise database by name:

Enter an Exercise Not Listed

Matching exercises:Sort by: Relevance Name Running (jogging), 10 mph (6 min mile) Running (jogging), 10.9 mph (5.5 min mile) Running (jogging), 5 mph (12 min mile) Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile) Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile) Running (jogging), 6.7 mph (9 min mile) Running (jogging), 7 mph (8.5 min mile) Running (jogging), 7.5mph (8 min mile) Running (jogging), 8 mph (7.5 min mile) Running (jogging), 8.6 mph (7 min mile) Running (jogging), 9 mph (6.5 min mile) Running (jogging), in place Running (jogging), up stairs Running (jogging), training, pushing wheelchair
    Adding:
    Running (jogging), 10 mph (6 min mile)

How long?
    Calories burned:
    If you know how many calories you burned (e.g. from a machine at the gym), manually enter that value above
    Didn't find what you were looking for? Create your own personal exercise
    Calorie Counter | Terms | Privacy | Contact | Feedback | Brands © 2005-2009 MyFitnessPal LLC
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If it takes you 10 minutes per 1/4 mile would that be 40 minutes per mile??? (10x4)
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    IF, if I power walk an hour and BURN 350 calories, then my running in a hour is + what?

Blessings!

Eva
  • PedalHound
    Options
    If you search for your pace (2 mph to 2.5 mph) you'll see that 50 minutes yields you somewhere around 170 to 210 calories for the amount of time you did. That sounds like about the right number for the distance and time of your exercise.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    If it takes you 10 minutes per 1/4 mile would that be 40 minutes per mile??? (10x4)

Nope. My FIRST time around is one lap. I start at 11:10 (after I stretched for 5 minutes, so I got to the track at 11:05). Then at 11:20 I did another lap. At 11:30 I did another lap. At 11:40 I did another lap. At 11:50 I completed my last lap and stretch from 11:50-11:55...time to head back to work!

HELP ME!!

Eva
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    40 minute mile is 1.5 miles per hour. Not listed, and definitely not listed as "Running" or "Jogging". That's a very slow walking pace, most people walk somewhere around 3 mph.

Closest thing in the database is:

Walking, 2.0 mph, slow pace Minutes: 60 Calories: 240

Sorry, :ohwell:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Eva,
    Maybe you should purchase a Heart Rate Monitor. That way you won't have to guess what you are actually burning and you will have a better idea. I :heart: my Polar F6, but I have also heard great things about the Reebok Precision, too. Check it out! :smile:

Good luck and Congrats on your 20lb loss!

-Mack
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Eva, for my sanity's sake, relax here for a minute. Breathe and look at the numbers and the logic.

Failing that, you can guesstimate, and I MEAN guesstimate, that you burn about 100 calories per mile covered. Whether you walk it or run it, it's "about" 100 calories a mile.

SO, give yourself a 200 calorie burn for the two miles.

Peace out.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How long does it take you to do one lap, don't count your stretching. Take that number of minutes and times it by 4 to get your minuites per mile. if one lap takes 4 minutes that would equal a 16 minuite mile (4x4).

So ask your self I run one lap in __ x 4 =__ Minitues per mile
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options

Nope. My FIRST time around is one lap. I start at 11:10 (after I stretched for 5 minutes, so I got to the track at 11:05). Then at 11:20 I did another lap. At 11:30 I did another lap. At 11:40 I did another lap. At 11:50 I completed my last lap and stretch from 11:50-11:55...time to head back to work!

HELP ME!!

Eva

So you're walking a lap every 10 minutes? One lap around a 1/4 mile track should take an adult about 4 to maybe 6 minutes. Are you taking breaks? I'm so lost,,,
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Don't be upset. What you are doing IS working for you! You are losing weight. It's just that you may not burning as many calories as you thought. But don't let it discourage you. It doesn't matter how fast you are going just continue to exercise. Just log it as 2mph for 60 minutes if you are eating back your calories. Or you could purchase a heart rate monitor.

You are doing great! Congrats on the 20lbs!

20 October 2009
    60 Minutes Calories Burned 1,229
    Cardiovascular
    Running (jogging), 10 mph (6 min mile) 60 1229 remove

Daily Total / Goal: 60 / 60 1229 / 380
    Weekly Total / Goal: 120 / 240 2458 / 1520

My daily calorie intake is 1,250 :happy:

Check out my "weekly" stats :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Blessings!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/diary/LittleEva44

Eva

Guys! :sad: :sad: :sad: I TIME myself! I run a quarter of a mile (the large track) in 10 minutes. I run 4 times around the quarter of a mile track in 50 minutes (I stretch 5 mintues before and after). Am I to tell the MAJOR in the office his calculations are wrong? I also googled a quarter of a mile. I do this regimen for an hour and have lost 20 pounds.....:sad: :sad: :sad: PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE LOGGING IN, :sad: :sad: (SNIFF, SNIFF, snort, Eva wiping her arm on her sleeve).

Eva

Thanks, IVY! I cannot FIND 2mph for 60 minutes. Darn system tells me there's an "error" I feel BETTER and thanks to ya'll for your kind help and posts!

Blessings!

Eva
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the run!

Blessings!

Eva
    You are running at approximately 1 mile an hour. If you ran a 1/4 of a mile 4 times, that is 1 mile (.25 x4=1). 1/4 of a mile in 10 min would be a 40 minute mile. You stll need to change your diary to reflect correctly. Don't be discouraged. You are losing weight and that is indisputable. Everyone just wants to be sure you don't get discouraged in your weight loss by calculating incorrectly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!