30lbs down... still haven't dropped a pant size... really?!

Options
124»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. Just keep up the good work. eventually you'll see progress
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I swear this belly will never leave me. Even when I was a 'healthy weight' a few years back, I still had this awful belly.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    YUP!!

I've now lost FIVE pants sizes but only one shirt size. My body bottom half is shrinking away, but my top half isn't. I have backfat and a tummy, and that's where all my weight is.

I've tried a ton of tops too..they're all too small..I so much understand what you're talking about!

:(
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So, this morning I hit 30.4 lbs lost..... but I still have not dropped a pant size (hence the name of the topic)! I have dropped a size in tops... and I know that I'm pear shaped so I'll lose weight up top first and all that jazz, but this is kinda nuts.... my pants are looser (and I'm not complaining, by any means), but still it's weird. I know it'll eventually drop.... so no worries there....

I JUST WANNA DROP A PANT SIZE!!! AHHHHHHH! :sad: (tantrum over) I think actually losing a pant size would solidify my weight loss because though I can see it on the scale, my perception is that I'm still 30 lbs heavier.....

Anyone else share in my plight? I just wanna make sure I'm not a freak of nature (well, not as much of a freak of nature)...

I can SOOOOOOO relate!!!! It takes me like 25 pounds to drop a pant size, meanwhile everyone else is like, "Yeah, lost 10 pounds and dropped 2 dress sizes." Seriously??? I must be a genetic freak. I have lost 94 pounds as of today and only gone down 4 pant sizes!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOL:angry:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 50lbs, and am still at the same pant and shirt size!
    Im so close to dropping down a size, but Im not quite there :(

OMG!!!!! Wow!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I have found it is because maybe I was wearing my pants too "small" in the first place or I tried to change brands from previous sizes.

i was thinking this as well for some people. for instance when i started, i was squeezing into a 16 skinny jeans, but really i needed an 18. i didnt get to a 14 (not squeezing in) until i lost 25 pounds so i guess i lost 2 sizes in that time.

he other thing to keep in mind is where you clothes shop if you were a size 16 for one brand and are trying to go for a size 14 in another, it might not be happening because each brand seems to have their own measurements for sizing
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    I'm down 44 pounds and 1 pant size -- 1 pant size from my own closet though. The jeans I started in (18s) were so tight I could barely breathe and definitely couldn't sit down. I'm now comfortable in a 16 (meaning - they fit straight from the dryer, no squats needed). So I'm actually probably down 2 or 3 pant sizes, I just refused to buy something bigger than an 18, so I can only guess that I was truly a 20 or 22 to start.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I've lost 46 and have gone down only one size. I'm only 5'3. I have no idea where I'm losing it from. I feel like I don't even look any different. :grumble: It's so frustrating.
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm down 44 pounds and 1 pant size -- 1 pant size from my own closet though. The jeans I started in (18s) were so tight I could barely breathe and definitely couldn't sit down. I'm now comfortable in a 16 (meaning - they fit straight from the dryer, no squats needed). So I'm actually probably down 2 or 3 pant sizes, I just refused to buy something bigger than an 18, so I can only guess that I was truly a 20 or 22 to start.

Haha, I remember the days of doing squats to make pants loosen up and fit very well!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I've lost 46 and have gone down only one size. I'm only 5'3. I have no idea where I'm losing it from. I feel like I don't even look any different. :grumble: It's so frustrating.

I feel the same way. I think if we lost a pant size, it would solidify it for us a bit....
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    So, this morning I hit 30.4 lbs lost..... but I still have not dropped a pant size (hence the name of the topic)! I have dropped a size in tops... and I know that I'm pear shaped so I'll lose weight up top first and all that jazz, but this is kinda nuts.... my pants are looser (and I'm not complaining, by any means), but still it's weird. I know it'll eventually drop.... so no worries there....

I JUST WANNA DROP A PANT SIZE!!! AHHHHHHH! :sad: (tantrum over) I think actually losing a pant size would solidify my weight loss because though I can see it on the scale, my perception is that I'm still 30 lbs heavier.....

Anyone else share in my plight? I just wanna make sure I'm not a freak of nature (well, not as much of a freak of nature)....

I had the same problem last year. 30 pounds down, looked thinner and still hadn't dropped a size. So frustrating!
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem.......The scale says I have only lost 3lbs..........but I have gone down one pant size......I'm hoping the scale catches up with me........I started working out so I figure things will start coming along soon...........
  • cranjo773
    cranjo773 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You've lost 99lbs! Wow! Congratulations!!!!
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    I have the same issue being a pear shaped woman. I would rather have my pear shape then struggle with abdominal fat. Enjoy it! It will come off eventually.
  • Lalee975
    Lalee975 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem. I lose in my legs and hips, but not so much in my tummy, so now, after having lost 60 lbs, I feel like my tummy is disproportionately big compared to my lower body. I'd rather have your problem. Huge tummy just looks yucky!

This! Minus the whole losing 60lbs part.
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs and was still in the same pants size, I think probably bc my pants are not my correct size to begin with and I should probably be wearing a size bigger.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have almost dropped a pants size.... one size is baggy, the other size is a bit tight (and the pants are the same brand), I've dropped 2 or 3 shirt sizes (XL or L to a pretty consistent M). I feel your pain. I'm not really shocked... I was 20-25 lbs thinner than I am now, and really, I rarely get below a size 10 jeans. My hip bones are WIDE, my booty is muscle-y (with a healthy layer of fat). I wore a small top, a-cup bra, size 9/10 jeans in the past. The strangest part of getting to almost 30 was that suddenly I had a BELLY, before, I always gained weight all over, evenly, with my bottom half staying consistently bigger. Now the chest went first, then some of the belly, but NONE of the butt and hips. Right now I'm a size 14 (12s a LITTLE tight), size M top, B cup. Symmetry is not in my future. Prior to weight loss it was the most symmetrical I had ever been... my top half got chunky to match my bottom :noway:
  • amanda3509
    Options
    I'm down 49 pounds and still haven't drop a size!!! I'm so annoyed!