skinnygirl cocktails?

Options
Ladies, have any of you tried the skinny girl cocktail line? Do they taste good/ do the trick??

Thanks!

Replies

• suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Stay far, far away from the Skinny Girl Sangria. ICK!!! I've heard the Margarita is ok but I like the Jose Quervo light margartia and it is actually less calories than the SG one.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried them. But I will say that the thing that makes margaritas so high in calories is the sour mix. You can probably just make up your own margarita-like drink: tequila, lime juice, and just a splash of triple sec (or OJ, if you want it less strong). Then you don't have to pay for the "skinnygirl" name. My favorite "diet" alcoholic drink is probably just vodka soda with 2 lime wedges.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY.

Seriously.

They are FOUL. I've tried the Margaritas and the Sangria, threw BOTH bottles out after half a glass.

There are not enough words in my vocabulary to describe how gross they are.

If you're looking for a much more delicious drink involving tequila, grab some Newman's Own Diet Lemonade (20 calories per serving) and just mix it with tequila. It's not a margarita, but it's probably 7,000x more tastey than Skinny Girl.

Or check out getdrunknotfat.com for more ideas.

But don't waste your money on that gross stuff.
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I recently tried the pina colada- tasted like coconut water with a hint of rum- I'd make that myself next time. Too $ for too little taste. I think I'll invest in top shelf alcohol and mix myself. Cheers!
  • Jackolina85
    Jackolina85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Skinnygirl margarita is sooo gross...doesn't even taste like a damn margarita! Yuck!

Make your own margarita instead using a Hungry Girl recipe! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/610778-low-cal-margarita
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Gah! And not even that low cal (for those of us who can put them away!)

Hubby made a FANTASTIC frozen marg tonight -- used fresh lime juice, ice, tequila and orange flavouring (plus a package of sweetener). Tastes like it should be 100x the calories!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I asked...thanks!! lol

Also I'm going to take the homemade suggestions... I got the jose cuervo light margarita pre mixed thing and it was just okay. Not really strong enough for my tequila taste.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Lot of people say to stay away from them, I did not mind the Margarita the first one does go down hard but it has it benefits.
    The booze if very powerful do know need many to have a good time. So after the first drink you will get use to the taste.
    But in all honestly the sugars, calories, carbs and fat (what i mainly look for on food labels) is just the same as normal drinks. You can make less calorie and sugar drinks at home.
    Ex. Ice, vodka, lots of lemon juice and club soda -- only counting the vodka and lemon juice in calories/sugar.
    A drink that takes getting use to but for the limited calories and limit amount of drinks to have it is worth it.
  • misskitty1818
    misskitty1818 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The white cranberry cosmo is really good, I didn't care for the margarita though
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I tried the margarita one first and will never try another. I took one sip and threw the whole bottle out. :( I'll stick to my red wine thank you!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they are pretty crappy products.

They are also, in my opinion, extremely patronizing to women. I wouldn't drink them if they were delicious and 0 calories for that reason.