How much do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nothing! First meal is at noon -- around 5 hours after I wake up.

Much rather save my calories for the evening.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with milk when I get up, an orange with it if I'm not running right away. A Luna bar after running. A banana and a peanut butter sandwich an hour or so later. Then bring on lunch! : )
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Nothing! First meal is at noon -- around 5 hours after I wake up.

Much rather save my calories for the evening.
    ^This
    But for me... noon (and therefore my first meal) is 7 hours after I wake up.
  • IokiOcto
    IokiOcto Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I usually do 360 every weekday morning.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Either a fruit smoothie with banana, skim milk, protein powder and some other fresh or frozen fruit; a bowl of oatmeal sometimes with fruit and honey added or cranberries and almonds; or recently started making 2 eggs. Today I had eggs with avocado. Mmm!
  • shawn46106
    shawn46106 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is usually one of my top 2 meals of the day calorie wise. i usually take in about 500 - 600 calories. sometimes 700. toss up between breakfast and lunch being #1 in calories. dinner i usually try to trail off with calories, and if at all possible keep it low carb.
  • lulu_1
    lulu_1 Posts: 100
    Options
    I eat breakfast and I eat around 0- 100 calories depending on what is at home. most days it is 0 cals.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've been having 2 eggs, grits, 4 slices of turkey bacon and a slice of sprouted grain bread with cream cheese and jelly for about 450 calories.
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am a WW member, so I don't actually go by calories. Weight Watchers goes by fat, fiber, carbs, and protein. I eat Fiber One cereal with skim milk every morning for breakfast and a banana. I always eat a light healthy snack mid morning and again mid afternoon. That way you won't be starving by dinner time.
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    bumppppp
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I usually have 300-500 calories for breakfast depending on my schedule. On mornings that I wake up and eat early before work I will have a smaller breakfast of under 400 (coffee, cream, egg, toast, cream cheese) at 5:30 am and then have a mid-morning snack of yogurt, berries and nuts (around 250-300 cals) at 9am. this way I can make it to lunch at 12:30/1 without eating my patients hahah.

If I wake up and go to the gym I may have closer to 500 calories with more carbs ( 2 pieces of toast instead of 1) because I feel I need them for energy if I want to workout first thing in the morning. Or I will make a protein shake which usually comes to a little over 300 calories.

I think I prefer to have my smallish breakfast and then a morning snack because I enjoy eating all the time (haha) and getting a lot of variety into my day.
  • heartofdorkness
    Options
    I've always eaten pretty big breakfasts of at least 300-400 calories or so. I used to have a just bowl of cereal with milk and be done with it. Granted, my portion size was at least 2-3x what I should've been eating, and the cereal was usually full of sugar and bad stuff. Now I'm trying to get more variety with low-cal protein, fruits, etc. (And if I do turn to cereal, it's always Cheerios with no sugar.) I now have a job that requires me to be on my feet for a good while and do some heavy lifting, so I need a bigger energy boost in the mornings, and I've been trying harder to keep all my meals at about the same amount of calories.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I stay around 800-1000 calories for breakfast.... I workout in the mornings so I get up and eat around 6:30 and hit the gym around 8 a.m. I have 2 cups of Kashi Go Lean mix with 1 cup of Kelloggs Crave Double Chocolate cereal with my travel mug size coffee and a banana.... If I am not having this then I have 4 pieces of Sara Lee Multi-grain toast with Jiff Natural crunchy peanut butter and honey along with a banana and my coffee and milk.....
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is one of my bigger meals. It's usually oats made with milk, egg whites, banana, and peanut butter. I also usually have pineapple in place of the bananas and whey protein as well since it is usually after my workout. typically around 500-800 calories counting my small pre-workout snack before my workout.
    My other alternative is usually a veggie/swiss omelette with some protein bread and fruit. Usually around 400 calories.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    One cup of coffee. Two on my cheat day. :happy:

I don't eat for 6hrs after I get up.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    300-400 calories (if I'm going to exercise, it's probably closer to 400 calories because I usually eat whole wheat toast with pb). If I'm not exercising, I'll have some honey nut cherrios with greek yogurt (closer to 300 cals).
  • beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    2n half weetbix and milk with piece of fruit.. umm 350- 400.. depends
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    just about 300, i have a bowl of porridge with low fat milk and a banana (and blueberries if we have them)
    though on rest days i'll have just the banana to lower calories
  • Sari9912
    Sari9912 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A banana or apple and greek yogurt
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    250-400 It depends on what I have. Oatmeal, yogurt and fruit, peanut butter toast and cereal are lower cal. A homemade quiche (even with turkey bacon, fat free evaporated milk and a small amount of cheese) is higher cal, as is scrambled eggs and such.

If I know I am going to be working out ... or just working a lot, I'll eat more. If I know I am going out to dinner that night, I'll try to keep the rest of the day low cal.