2 Questions ~ 30DS/Ripped & HRM

Options
First question ~ What's the difference between 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30? I've been doing 30 Day Shred, I'm currently on Level 2 and I've seen posts about Ripped in 30. What's the difference in the 2 of them or are they pretty much the same thing?

Second question ~ I bought a New Balance HRM watch to track my calories becuz I saw alot of people on here saying that the calories on ellipticals and machines at the gym are off and this is better. So I wore it 2nite while doing the 30DS. Before when logging my calories burned doing that I would enter circuit training cuz that's what everyone else said to use and it came up around 228 calories. With my watch it says only 98. Is the watch not working right, am I not wearing it right (the normal way u wear a watch), or it really is right becuz I was just learning the new exercises?

Thanks for any and all info!

Replies

• OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Ripped is similar to 30DS. 3 circuits, 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute core. There are 4 levels instead of 3, and I believe the warm up and cool down are a tad longer.

As for your HRM, if it doesn't have a chest strap, it could be way off.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ripped is harder than 30DS. I did 30DS back in Jan and half in April and just finished Ripped.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Both DVD workouts are very similar. Im my opinion 30DS has more cardion and Ripped in 30 includes more hard core strenght excercises. I will say start with 30DS and to help tone your body go with Ripped in 30, that's how I started maybe after you finish you can alternate the DVD's the are all great!
    As of your HR monitor I don't think is right, whenever I do Jillian Michaels depending on the level I'm on I dont burn less than 250 calories. I will recomend to take your HR manually first to have an idea and then compare it with your monitor.