Here We Go Again...

Options
Well here we go again with the diet. I'm 28 years old and have pretty much been over weight since high school. It wasn't too bad until college. Since then I have yo-yo'd back and forth give or take 30 pounds. My highest was 227 and I lost about 30 of that a couple years ago while my husband was at boot camp. I have slowly gained about half of that back. I just can't seem to get back into a diet. I'm always good for a couple of days and then slip right back into my old habits. I have huge issues with fast food, especially when I'm down or depressed and living the army lifestyle, unfortunately stress is almost a daily thing! My husband joined 2 years ago, and he himself lost 80 pounds. I keep telling myself, if he can do it and get himself into better shape for me, then so can I. He will be deploying in a few months and I really want to have him leave with the thought of a better looking and much happier wife. So as I said, here we go again!

Replies

• kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can DO this! :-) Reading the success stories are great, and everybody's really supportive if you go looking for it. Good luck!
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    You haven't given up, so who cares how many times you try?? You CAN do it & this is a great place to find advice & support. I'm still pretty new around here, but I've been more consistent w/ help from folks here than I ever was on my own. I struggle with eating my stress, but I'm getting better, so I know you can too! Feel free to add me, & best of luck to you!!!
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Instead of looking at it as a diet, think of it as a change to healthier habits. Don't deprive yourself of anything, but control your portions. Fill up on fresh and frozen veggies, fruit, and healthy carbs and proteins. You probably want to start at lose 1/2 lb per week and eat back your exercise calories, so that you don't feel like you're "dieting." As you get used to a healthier lifestyle you can adjust to lose 1 lb per week and see how that work.

If you want a friend who eats real food and is in it for the long haul (even if I don't have a whole lot to go), feel free to add me :)
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this!! Best of luck to you on your journey! Feel free to add me for support. I have been working on getting healthier since last March...so I know it can be a slow battle but as long as you don't give up and keep fighting to get to that healthier you then you WILL succeed at it!! :happy:
  • StephanieStrickfaden
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words!