NSV: SIZE 1 Dress! But how does it look?

Options

Replies

• pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love the dress! You look great in it, but I don't like either belt. Maybe a skinny belt? I think this belt is too big and overpowers the pretty dress!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I like the black belt! ;)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I know these are supposed to be positive touchy dwelt forums, but I don't think that dress does much for you. I mean you look great, but that dress is kind of a shapeless cover of an awesome bod. Needs more nip at the waist IMO.

Congrats on your NSV though. One of the best parts of being smaller is that you don't look bad or fat in anything. It's more that the dress isn't up to your standards!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the honesty! I don't want anyone to lie and tell me it's perfect when it's not lol
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's a nice dress but it clashes with yr tatts a bit. would be better in a different colour I think
    Prefer black belt over brown for blue dresses. I only wear brown belts with green or shades of brown.

agreed
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I like the dress, but not for you. It does nothing for you. I don't think I like the color at all, and agree with most previous posters.
  • weightlossguy01
    Options
    I think you look beautiful, sexy and hot! I think the tattoos and red hair though will always give you a slightly edgier look and that dress is more prim and proper as sort of a spring dress and doesn't match your look. I think it almost looks like someone forced it on you because it conflicts with the rest.

I agree you would look hot in black. But I think you also have to look at complimentary colors. Watch the movie Amelie, he did that whole movie with the primary colors of red, green and yellow, they all greatly compliment each other. Those colors all go amazingly well together and that is one beautifully shot movie.

Also don't underestimate the color match factor. I find that wearing an undershirt that has one of the colors in the shirt wore above it makes the whole thing really pop and seem well planned and organized. It looks great.

So looking at Amelie for example, if you got red hair, you are obviously going to look amazing in red or outfits with hints of red in them. If your tattoos have a hint of red and green in them, you'll look great in green as well. Red hair with a red dress and green belt would work. So would a green dress and a red belt. So many ways to adjust it and play on certain colors.

Another color that will match is brown, you have a really nice tan and brown would almost seem like you're wearing almost nothing, at least to guys, as it blends in with your skin tone and would be very sexy.

Just my thoughts!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    First of all this there is nothing wrong with the color its a nice refreshing look for summer..who wants a black boring dress in summer..i think its looks cute..if i was gonna wear a belt the brown but i think i would like it without the belt, maybe find some earrings or something to go with it..i like it.
  • sweet2277
    sweet2277 Posts: 1
    Options
    Looks soo nice!!!! :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful, sexy and hot! I think the tattoos and red hair though will always give you a slightly edgier look and that dress is more prim and proper as sort of a spring dress and doesn't match your look. I think it almost looks like someone forced it on you because it conflicts with the rest.

I agree you would look hot in black. But I think you also have to look at complimentary colors. Watch the movie Amelie, he did that whole movie with the primary colors of red, green and yellow, they all greatly compliment each other. Those colors all go amazingly well together and that is one beautifully shot movie.

Also don't underestimate the color match factor. I find that wearing an undershirt that has one of the colors in the shirt wore above it makes the whole thing really pop and seem well planned and organized. It looks great.

So looking at Amelie for example, if you got red hair, you are obviously going to look amazing in red. If your tattoos have a hint of red and green in them, you'll look great in green as well. Red hair with a red dress and green belt would work. So would a green dress and a red belt. So many ways to adjust it and play on certain colors.

Another color that will match is brown, you have a really nice tan and brown would almost seem like you're wearing almost nothing, at least to guys, as it blends in with your skin tone and would be very sexy.

Just my thoughts!

thank you for your thoughts! My hair is pink though lol the flash always turns it more red though

you can tell a little better in these pics (first one is a cpl months older but when I first did it)

486344_2789645539903_1221278835_2054641_96044862_n.jpg

547332_3339348682138_1881235748_n.jpg
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    The style, size, and cut are very flattering on you. I agree with a solid color. Perhaps white or blue. No belt.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    your great body deserves a better dress. no...on the dress
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options

So looking at Amelie for example, if you got red hair, you are obviously going to look amazing in red or outfits with hints of red in them. If your tattoos have a hint of red and green in them, you'll look great in green as well. Red hair with a red dress and green belt would work. So would a green dress and a red belt. So many ways to adjust it and play on certain colors.

Just my thoughts!

I agree with this!

I don't know if it's the colour, the belt, the competing with the tats...something just isn't working.

You're such a beautiful woman,and this dress is not showcasing that very well!

I'm sure there are other size 1s in your future...and ones that will show off how great you look!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Looks great! What an awesome feeling!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Buy a dress that will highlight your accomplishments. Curve hugging and better color for your skin tone. Celebrate your weight loss!
  • ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love the dress and the color, but I agree with some of the ladies above that a white belt would look better. If it were my dress I would cut off the belt loops and wear it without one. You look fab by the way!!!!
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I happen to love the dress (color and style). I LOVE when heavily tattooed women wear dainty, feminine clothes. The juxtaposition is very beautiful to me. I DO, however, think that the belt should be much skinnier and in a bright color like yellow, pink, red or orange.

Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    your great body deserves a better dress. no...on the dress

This! I think the texture of the dress is too distracting and you don't need that.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Love the dress, hate the belt.

I vote you go to a craft store a buy a big white satin ribbon and use that as a "belt" :)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think this color blue isn't right for you. And the belt is too heavy for the feminineness of the dress. I think you coloring is more suited to fall colors or maybe even winter colors. But that's just my opinion. The blue in this dress is spring colors and it doesn't go with your skin tone and hair color Nice tats.