Sometimes I sabotage myself

Options
Today:

1) Major goal at work accomplished.
2) Somebody asked for the first time: Hey, have you been losing weight
3) biggest binge since I started on MFP: 3/4 of a tube of pringles (not counting the breakfast pringles).

Discuss.

Replies

• caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    lol i just ate cheetos, pringles an ice cream sandwich, and 2 fiber one bars!! HELP!! times like this make me wish i was bulemic!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    1 & 2 are great.

3. Why? What was the point? Who made you do it? How do you feel about it now?

If you want to eat Pringles, eat them, just make sure you have the room in your calorie goal for them.

There are a lot of things you "can't eat" when on a diet, but when living a healthy lifestyle instead of being on a diet you can eat anything you want as long as it fits into that healthy lifestyle.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had a half of a small of the forzen coke. (Small being not that small. )

Though, it's ok to cheat as long as you log it.

And Caegem, I hope the fiber one bars don't fight back..like they do with me. o_o;
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sodium is my enemy. I'll have a great calorie day, but my sodium will suck. Today was one of those :(
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Sodium is my enemy. I'll have a great calorie day, but my sodium will suck. Today was one of those :(

I know what you mean, I am fighting that battle daily.
  • fittorow
    fittorow Posts: 28
    Options
    lol i just ate cheetos, pringles an ice cream sandwich, and 2 fiber one bars!! HELP!! times like this make me wish i was bulemic!

Don't say that...you don't wish to have an eating disorder...
  • dleesh1
    dleesh1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just ate a pj sandwich
  • NanaB2011
    NanaB2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I know what you mean, I am fighting that battle daily.

I too have issues with high sodium intake, on these days I have to drink ALOT more water to offset the sodium
  • kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hit a new "low" (in weight), a day of self-sabotage follows...like clockwork. Tomorrow will be another low so send me good vibes (um, and I'll padlock the fridge!) :-)
  • alexiaschulz
    alexiaschulz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1 & 2 are great.

3. Why? What was the point? Who made you do it? How do you feel about it now?

If you want to eat Pringles, eat them, just make sure you have the room in your calorie goal for them.

There are a lot of things you "can't eat" when on a diet, but when living a healthy lifestyle instead of being on a diet you can eat anything you want as long as it fits into that healthy lifestyle.

Yeah... I don't really know, nobody MADE me do it, it was something like a reward to myself, but I don't exactly feel better now. Ate a tomato salad for dinner, since I'm out of cals. I usually eat small treats, like 5 or 6 pringles, for example, but today I just didn't stop eating them when I should have.
  • alexiaschulz
    Options
    Whenever I hit a new "low" (in weight), a day of self-sabotage follows...like clockwork. Tomorrow will be another low so send me good vibes (um, and I'll padlock the fridge!) :-)

Better luck to you, try hanging on to your good feeling, and reminding yourself that if you un-lock the fridge, you won't feel as good...
  • alexiaschulz
    Options

Just do better tomorrow, that is going to be my strategy... And maybe a post-baby-bedtime-workout. If I can scrounge the energy.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I just added an extra workout (well, the only one today, wasn't going to work out because I'm fighting a cold) so that I can have my ice cream AFTER also chowing on too much trail mix earlier. Maybe throw in a bit more exercise to balance out the extra calories. Either way, don't beat yourself up … in my experience that only leads to more binging. Going over one in a while won't kill your weight loss. Heck, I've been over for about a week, and am up a couple pounds, but I know I'm going to turn that around and turn it into a loss again. I go through this every so often. As long as my general trend is down, I'm ok.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been sabotaging myself all month. I will plan out a really great day, get in a good workout and I always leave room for some snacks so I never feel deprived...but then I just throw all that hard work out the window and inhale food =/
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just ate 4slice of bread with jam and butter.Bread is the devil. lol
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When you do eat what you haven't planned do you track it? Or do you figure I blew it anyway so why bother? I ask because I have always held myself to a level of perfection that I could never achieve. I would do awesome for days, weeks and even months and that would keep me motivated. Then one bad choice comes along and I feel like I am hopeless and then I revert back to not doing anything because I totally messed up my perfect streak.

As hard as it is, I know that is what I must change. To acknowledge and be accountable by tracking no matter what. That is what I hold myself to rather than being perfect with my food choices. It has made all the difference in my attitude and ultimately I believe will get me through the self sabotage. No more sticking my head in the sand and giving up.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just ate 4slice of bread with jam and butter.Bread is the devil. lol

Omg me too! Well, 4 slices of cinnamin raisin bread with butter haha Bread is my devil as well, I could eat the rest of the loaf if I wanted but I know I CANT! :sad:
  • railwife
    railwife Posts: 7
    Options
    I went crazy with Little Debbie Nutty Bars today and Lemonade. I knew better...but I did it anyway. I'll be better tomorrow and so will you.