Hey Fat Girl....

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Not a runner but can relate in the past of trying to be invisible to pretty much everyone, of course I wasn't but it did seem that most ppl didn't look at me. Hm... then again, I didn't used to look up, also because of fear of rejection or humiliation.

Not like that anymore, ppl are much friendlier when I look them in the eye and say hello and I also expect others to treat me well and do the same. Amazing how great the change has become.

Thought I'm not a runner I'll do what workouts I do with a more positive attitude because of this blog article shared.:happy:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    So much love for this.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Awesome-ness!
  • swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This is d most amazing post...

i was always shy to run. but i am going to start running and make sure i will not be shy to run

It gave me the motivation to go ahead and change my self... yes i am the FAT GIRL who's going to change herself for a better and a healthier tomorrow

Thanks for posting
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. I am the fat girl and sometimes feel like the others are going to hear me thumping by and laugh at me. This was so very inspiring that I wanted to cry. It is a blessing to hear what others really think when I am pooring sweat, ready to cry, and hurting.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    love this!!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    thanks!!!!! love it! re-posted on facebook!!!!
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    love this, thanks for sharing...i got teary eyed there while reading it...
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this!! Amazing...:heart: it!!!!!
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!!! thanks for sharing.
  • delgirrrl
    delgirrrl Posts: 1
    Options
    That is awesome. And true. I'm slim and run a bit, and I'm always really impressed when I see heavy people pushing themselves out of their comfort zone to improve their health and well being. I know it's incredibly hard - it's such a struggle, but please know that people are judging you positively and admiring the guts it takes to do it. Fantastic!!
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Brilliant
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Yeah, a definite thanks for sharing! This was a beautiful read. For all those whom it touched in a real way, keep it up! It definitely touched me. :)
  • AnkeAkke
    AnkeAkke Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm also the slim girl running. And believe me, this story is so true. Every time I pass a fat girl I think "WOW. You're doing GREAT. I admire you so much."

Please don't feel insecure when running. Even skinny girls not running admire you, because they secretly think they should do some excercise like you.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    This post made me hold my head up higher while running this morning. I made it a point to actually look at the cars passing me and to wave to another runner. It was because of this post that made me proud to be out running this morning, even though I really just wanted to stay in bed and sleep. Thank you for this post! It was truly inspiring to me!
  • anku08
    anku08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    an awesome post...
    Yes I am the fat girl shy to jog in the morning as i fear people sitting by would laugh at me....
    It was definitely really motivating.. but I am afraid even now :-|
    But will keep reading till I am motivated..
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thank you for sharing this "treasure"
    I am "the fat girl".
    I used to run cross country in high school and am wanting
    to get back into it but I'm not even close. I can walk faster
    than I used to.
    I even tried a light jog the other day to see if I could do it--it was a bit painful.
    But I will not give up!
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I love love love that!!
  • kerriann4
    kerriann4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I needed to read that just now, thank you!