Three years of experience boiled down into seven tips

Options

Replies

• natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great tips!

I guess I'm not like most people in that I can judge my food portions pretty well, but definitely it has helped me a lot to have a standard of reference (as soon as someone told me a portion size is roughly equal to your own fist I really started to understand things!)

Thanks for sharing and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • Moosical
    Moosical Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow well done on your loss so far and thanks for the seven tips. It's weird, isn't it? When you read tips like this it sounds like such common sense, but having struggled with my weight in the past I know that common sense goes out the window and you get impatient with how fast you are losing and setbacks lead to 'giving up'.

I didn't have mfp back then though and I am really enjoying this site, now that I am using it properly.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    TRUE TRUE TRUE!!!

Btw, congrats on meeting all your little goals in order to achieve your stretch goal!!
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this :D
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your excellent post!! lots of great tips, and I will save them! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great seven tips - very simple and so true - especially the weighing everything.

Many congrats on your amazing loss - you're an inspiration :smile:
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Great advice, I'm going to copy it into a document so I don't lose it, then I can look at it when I need to. Thanks so much - this sort of post is really helpful and informative :-) PS Well done on your great loss :flowerforyou:
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Well said!! It works.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you are a true inspiration. I love that you remind us we are human and a stumble is just a stumble and mistakes aren't a reason to throw in the towel.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Well said! And congrats on the weight loss. Thank you for sharing
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great post! People can learn from your success. Especially those just starting out or stuck in a rut. You've done an incredible job of not just weight loss but life change. Congratulations !
  • eras616
    eras616 Posts: 24
    Options
    Great post! It is very true advice and a good summary. Thanks!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Awesome Advice!!

Thank You for sharing...

: ))
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    agree with everything that you have listed. doesnt get simpler than this! thank you for posting.
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou:

Awhile back the question was asked,"what's on your fridge?" and I didnt have anything special

.Well now I do!
  • ELM1414
    ELM1414 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice. I really like #3.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats!! Well said!! And thanks for sharing!! You have made a new lifestyle for yourself and are an example of getting it done and staying that way.
  • Absam2
    Absam2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this is a very timely post
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Very good!! I should cut and paste to my refrigerator!! (... especially the last part about setbacks)