I like/love people based on their personality

Options
and not on their physical appearance:)

I like people based on their hearts/souls/personality/character/ sense or humor and especially based on how they treat me. I don't care if they are fat, massively huge or tiny, whatever their religion, race, amount of money they make, what they do for a living, what type car they have. All that truly matters to me is your heart and soul and if you are a good person to me. You don't have to be perfect. I love my husband completely with all my heart when he was 150 lbs (he had thyroid cancer) and when he was up to 220. I think he is the most gorgeous person in the world. I've never met anyone as nice and wonderful and with such integrity. Hose truly loved me at 310 and now that I'm losing weight, he loves me just as much. If I'm irritable from time to time (dang menopause) or sick or whatever. Wow, nothing better than finding your true soulmate who will be there for you through thick and thin, through the good and the bad, for time and all eternity...

Replies

• Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! What wonderful words to see. I'm sure he feels the same way!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    What a nice thing to say about your spouse.

I like/love women based on how nice their boobies are!!! :wink: (that was a joke for all you who gasped just a little after reading that)
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Nicely put. Thank you for posting this.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am the same way you are on that one kind lady. I always base my thoughts on people by their personality also. even if a guy weighed 400+ pounds they had a loving heart and personality I would like them. i have always liked the underdogs.
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    Well said...
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    It's just so nice to find someone who loves you based on who you are instead of what you look like. Believe me, it was hard growing up as an overweight/obese teen and always being ridiculed and treated as inferior (and I'm talking about at a private Christian school and at Church where you think you would be treated with love and kindness... ha ha). Glad there are others who feel the same way.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to see a post like yours. I feel the same way. I grew up my whole life thinking I was ugly and being made fun of. I couldn't care less what someone looks like, it's the personality that I care about. I once dated a guy who weighed close to 400 pounds and friends couldn't understand what I saw in him and how I could date someone that big. Well, he also had a big heart and a great personality and treated me like a queen. My last boyfriend (who is now deceased) was old enough to be my father and didn't have any teeth but I loved him so much. He was the sweetest man and loved me and thought I was beautiful He wasn't in my life near long enough.

But I'm rambling. I just want to say thank you for your post. I'm so glad there are others who feel the same way I do. :flowerforyou:
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! Thank you so much for making it. You're husband is a lucky man as are you. :flowerforyou:
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    This is such a great post. To be loved for who you are as a person holds so much more depth than being loved for how you look. I would so much rather be loved for me than for my looks. What happens when I am 70 and my skin is wrinkled, boobs sagging, and lumps in places you never thought you would see. Nothing more precious than having your best friend by your side.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    amen!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    ya, sorry for the typos. My fingers run away from me from time to time lol.