Help!! Cheap healthy winter meals!!

Options
iCupCakeNZ
iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
Okay so I live in New Zealand and basically as of June 1 we hit winter which means my struggle to lose weight is going to increase ever so slightly, the cold mornings and not wanting to budge from my bed, unsure what meals to prepare that will be healthy without blowing my calorie intake out of the sky! And most of all finding that motivation to carry on with walks and exercise!
I'm looking for some really good winter recipies that are not only healthy and nutritious but are sticking to a low budget (being a struggling twenty year old student in this day and age makes grabbing a burger and coke to go oh so tempting) so if any one knows what kind of recipies I can try that are delicious, heathy and cheap please let me know!!

Xoxo juju

Replies

• AshleyPaige1987
    AshleyPaige1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this it's not Winter here we are into our first week or so of Summer, but I could use some help with healthy winter meals also. I love chili on a cold day, so I would love to find a healthy recipe if that's possible. I'm trying to stock up on Summer/Winter/Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snack recipes and I have none what so ever for Winter.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Chicken with low fat/low sodium cream of mushroom soup. You can bake it or crockpot it. I use the crockpot and throw in a bag of frozen veg. We like it over egg noodles. This one I make all year - pork loin, 1 can of cola, root beer, Dr. Pepper, ( just one of whichever you have on hand, not all three) in the crockpot all day. Drain and add your fave BBQ sauce. I serve it with whatever veg is handy. Usually broccoli because we all love it.
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi

Its summer here for us but I love making a big pot of chilli in winter. I use this recipe:
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/chilli-con-carne

I use low fat mince (you probably call it ground beef?) and leave out the chick peas (as I don't like them). I also serve it plain without yoghurt and guacamole, just plain boiled rice. It is packed full of veg so quite healthy and very tasty.

And I always have a huge pot of soup on the go - any veg I have in the fridge with tinned tomatoes, stock, maybe add a few herbs or spices for flavour. I sometimes add a few lentils for fibre.

Oh and porridge for breakfast made with low fat milk - lovely. x
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi

Its summer here for us but I love making a big pot of chilli in winter. I use this recipe:
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/chilli-con-carne

I use low fat mince (you probably call it ground beef?) and leave out the chick peas (as I don't like them). I also serve it plain without yoghurt and guacamole, just plain boiled rice. It is packed full of veg so quite healthy and very tasty.

And I always have a huge pot of soup on the go - any veg I have in the fridge with tinned tomatoes, stock, maybe add a few herbs or spices for flavour. I sometimes add a few lentils for fibre.

Oh and porridge for breakfast made with low fat milk - lovely. x
    Mouth watering already :3 thanks!