Support for the Girls :)

Options
I hate to have "the girls" bouncing while I am working out. The workout/sports bra that I wear is not doing the trick and I am only a "D" cup. I currently use brands Danskin and The Body Co. neither are great supporters.

I am wondering what type of sports bra you all use while working out to control the jiggle and bounce?

Replies

• namienoo
    namienoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently wearing mine (only about the 4th time). But I went to a specialty shop where they help you find the right bra for you. Have you considered doing that?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am a 'D' cup as well...I have many different brands of sports bras....Danskin is okay but my favorite (this may be different than most others) but good old Fruit of the Loom...Mine is size 36...It is very supportive and comfy b/c it is all cotton...the most comfortable one that I own...Check those out...You can get them anywhere I imagine...Walmart, Target, etc....And they aren't expensive...HTH!!

I just checked the tag on my other favorite and it is Bally Total Fitness...It is also pretty inexpensive and I believe you can get them at the same places...I have had this one forever...Love it...The difference between the 2 is the Bally has Thin straps and the Fruit of The Loom has thicker straps...Just depends on your preference...
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm between a D and DD...and was a gymnast and a track athlete...the mantra I still live by is double bag it...UNTIL I found the underarmor high impact sports bra that zips up...it is $50 (so I have been accumulating one every so often)...but it is AMAZING...try it :)

here's the underarmour website...they are also sold at sports stores (sports authority, ****s, etc.)

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens-endure-d-cup/pid1001175-001

I still wear another less tight sports bra ontop. If I don't have this sports bra, I wear champion's they make ones with cups and then I put a tighter bra on top of it
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try some to these brands a try and see how things hold up. LOL
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am a D also-oops make that DD, love JC Penney's front zip sports bra by Underscore. Yes it smooshes alittle bit but it's better than bouncing all over during Zumba. They're cheaper if you buy 2 or more online.
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
    http://www.withamymac.com/news/2010/02/22/best-sports-bras/

^^^ That's a link to your savior ;^)

I'm DD and a runner. They don't move AT ALL and it's super comfortable. I've been using mine 5 days/wk for two years and they're still holding strong!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm an E and I've got a shock absorber. I swear it's the best investment ever!!
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm an E and I've got a shock absorber. I swear it's the best investment ever!!

Oh, gosh, I LOVE my Shock Absorber! I'm a D or DD depending on the brand, and that bra has made exercise bearable. I cannot recommend it enough!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I bought a champion from target, but I think I got it when the girls were a bit smaller, so its a little tight but either way it holds me in place!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If you can not afford the really expensive bra's, just do like I do and wear 2. I double up and then wear my workout top that has a built in shelf. Works for me. Not so much now since my boobs have shrunk down so much!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Find ones that clearly say High Impact even if you're not doing High Impact! I'm between a D and DD myself and haven't had an issue with running or Zumba with the right bra. I love Moving Comfort, which is quite frankly expensive...but you'd be shocked at how less expensive they are on Amazon.com or eBay (under $30). They typically fit your normal bra size so don't worry about sizing.

Good Luck!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my bra for high impact cardio and for long bike rides in the country (60 miles of bouncing is uncomfortable without this bra! Women's CW-X Xtra Support Zip Bra Sports Bra is AMAZING!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Another shout for Shock Absorber. I'm a G cup & those babys don't move!