question about heart rate monitor/ cals burned

Options
I am wondering if there are watches that I could wear that would show me what my heart rate is, and how many calories I am burning while I am working out?:huh:

Replies

• CinthyNair
    Options
    i checked out the one on TBL website, it's very expensive :(
  • mrcconway
    Options
    One big thing to consider when buying one some of the telemerty straps you CANNOT change the battery so when its dead you have to buy a new one. I'd research them before you buy them and always check the comsumer reports it will save you a hassle down the road. Their are good ones form 50-100$ its expensive but a good investment. You can use it when doing things that you normally do not do in your daily routine. IE Bowling or some other sport.
  • sslandy
    sslandy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 HRM. I think I paid $100 almost 3 years ago. I believe the warranty on it (including battery) is one year (maybe 2). They don't want you to change the battery because they are concerned about the seal and its continued waterproofness. I have changed the battery on mine since it was out of warranty anyway. The battery lasted more than two years (I just changed it recently). The battery in the strap I have never replaced and it is still working. If you send it into Polar for battery replacement, they ask for a credit card with authorization of up to $75.00. The $75.00 is a worst case scenario. They swap the batteries and make sure the watch and strap are working correctly together.

I use the HRM almost every day. It helps me log my exercises more accurately. It also keeps me in the zone for maximum fat burn.

Good luck!
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    I have to wear a heart monitor when I exercise and found the brand OMRON. It has a transmitter belt and a wrist watch. They both use a battery and work very well. It is a very good brand and the cost I found to be right in the correct range. On certain machines I don't have to look at the watch for my read outs, as the machine picks them up. I've had it over two years and it's still on the same batteries.
    Good luck.
    Karen