Fiber One bars

Options
I love the Kellogg Fiber One bars, they taste like candy bars but they have only 1 Weight Watcher (old program) point per bar. Here's the bad news -- they make me fart like a herd of buffalos. It doesn't matter what variety, my family has pretty much demanded that I quit eating these.

Anyone else have this experience with the Fiber One bars? Have you been able to find something equally tasty that doesn't make you toot?

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    They gave me horrible stomach/abdomen pain... like it hurt to breathe. Every time I ate one... Which sucked because they were filling. Apparently there's an ingredient in them that many people have an issue with...
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    me too! and they make my colon run like hell! lol I only eat them when I can be close to a bathroom for a few hours. lol
  • jhayes28
    jhayes28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating them? It takes awhile for our bodies to adjust to a higher amount of fiber. If you keep eating them your body will adjust and you won't have the problems. I have one every morning for breakfast and can't feel any affects from them anymore :)
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I just had one of the brownies... I love them.. I don't have digestion issues with them though.. Sorry you are having trouble. Are you drinking lots of water?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Luna and cliff bars are yummy, they have less fiber so shouldn't make you gassy.

My warning, though, is that they pretty much all have more calories than you need to consume to get the nutrients they contain. Make sense? They aren't really "worth" the calories based on nutrients. I do keep a bunch though for when I'm lazy or rushed or just want something supremely yummy.
  • karen8873
    karen8873 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have tried Fiber one but actually like the fiber plus antioxidants bar better! 120cals..not sure on the WW points? It might take time for your body to get use to the fiber , then the" tooting " should subside lol
    Fiber plus makes a caramel coconut one and they taste like the caramel delight girl scout cookies! yummy!
    I think those are 130 cals though
  • tarizard
    tarizard Posts: 5
    Options
    Hmm, I haven't had that problem. It could be your body adjusting to the amount of fiber, like the above poster said.

If you want to try something else I recommend Kashi Go Lean Protein/Fiber bars. They are 180 calories and this calculator I just found says they have 3 WW points (old). I haven't had a problem with them though so it might be worth a try! x
  • jasonfndr
    jasonfndr Posts: 39
    Options
    The wife eats the Fiber One bars and brownies pretty regular. She has lost something like 30 pounds, Wether or not those help or not she says it fills the sweet tooth she suffers from.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I love the Kellogg Fiber One bars, they taste like candy bars but they have only 1 Weight Watcher (old program) point per bar. Here's the bad news -- they make me fart like a herd of buffalos. It doesn't matter what variety, my family has pretty much demanded that I quit eating these.

Anyone else have this experience with the Fiber One bars? Have you been able to find something equally tasty that doesn't make you toot?

Yep. When I was on WW before, I loved these but couldn't eat them anymore after a while. One of my colleagues who enjoys them calls them "fart bars" b/c of what they do to her!! ;)
  • Creativeballance
    Options
    That explains one of my coworkers....
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating them? It takes awhile for our bodies to adjust to a higher amount of fiber. If you keep eating them your body will adjust and you won't have the problems. I have one every morning for breakfast and can't feel any affects from them anymore :)

agree! I eat one every day... give it a week and u will adjust...just your body cleaning out the $***!
  • ehermann12
    Options
    Yeah, Fiber One bars give me gas issues and stomach pain, too. Some say it's because of the high amount of fiber, but there's what, 9 grams of fiber in a bar? I eat large quantities of fruits and veggies and easily get more fiber than that, and I don't get stomach pains from those. I also like Promax protein bars, which have 14 grams of fiber in them, and those don't give me gas or stomach issues either. I don't know what it is, but there's something in Fiber One bars in particular that gives your stomach hell.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Make sure you aren't getting a lot of extra fiber from your other foods. If you took something like beano you should be ok with them..
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    try the 90 calorie ones.. they may not be as harsh.. I loooooooooooove the fiber brownies. I put 1 T of peanut butter on them for a snack or a dessert. LOVE them. stick with it... the stink will subside. :)
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars : ) White Chocolate Macadamia. YUMMM
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Any fiber supplement can do that, especially if your body isn't used to a significant dose of fiber. Beano can prevent it, though.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I have no problem eating them (one a day usually) but my mom can NOT eat them or she's gassy ALL. DAY. LONG. Too much fiber in one sitting for her.

It may get better as your body gets used to it though too.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love them...but to processed for me to eat anymore. If you like them try the Kellogg's - Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chewy Bars they have one that is like a girl scout Samoas....so yummy....I miss eating them!!
  • kristinamariemc
    Options
    I love them...but to processed for me to eat anymore. If you like them try the Kellogg's - Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chewy Bars they have one that is like a girl scout Samoas....so yummy....I miss eating them!!

Thank you Christine. And congrats on 99 lbs. lost! and thanks to all for the replies. This seems to be a good community and I'm happy to be here. :)

I have tried the brownies, they're delicious. I wish someone would make an individual serving cheesecake that is only about 100 calories. Weight Watcher Smart Ones used to make one that was 3 (old program) points but it's been discontinued.
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Miraculously I have not had any problem with either the chocolate brownies nor the chocolate chip granola bars. I am so sorry to hear that they're not agreeing with you. My digestive system can be pretty temperamental and adding fiber to it certainly helps me. Hope your situation works out!