The healthiest AND Fastest way to lose 100 lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well, which is it? Fastest or healthiest? They are kind of mutually exclusive.

If you want to be healthy, focus on your HEALTH. Eat good, nutritious food and get reasonable exercise. Change your life, and your body will follow.

It's not a race, really. You're still going to be around a year from now, five years from now, etc. Are you planning on going back to old habits once you've lost weight? No? Then do the right things and just keep on doing them.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I can definitely see where rushing my weight loss is not going to benefit me in any way. I am no longer the track running athlete that I used to be, I can't drop ten pounds in a week anymore! 107 lbs sounds like such an intimidating number... But twenty doesn't sounds as bad. Every twenty pounds I should do something to keep myself motivated... Manicure maybe? lol.

It is discouraging to look at old pictures of myself, where I was okay wearing shorts, and I had the ability to go out in a swimsuit without wanting to cry. I want to be happy and carefree again. My goal weight is what I was at four years ago. My undoing was putting off eating healthy because "I'm an athlete, and as long as I am exercising it doesn't really matter." Well, college softball is over and look how well that did for me!

I appreciate all the support, and I will keep in mind that this isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change. And no matter how long it takes, in the end I will be a healthier, happier version of myself!
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I felt like a year was too long, but guess what? That year was going to pass whether I was loosing weight or not.
    Yes yes yes! This is a realization that I finally came to that made it easier for me to go on. When the weight doesn't come off as fast as you like--but it's still coming off--why give up? When you have a bad day and eat more than you meant to, so what! One day out of 365 (or, really, the rest of your life) is an anomaly, it doesn't have to be a habit.

Yes, it's hard, and yes, at first you will miss your delicious-unhealthy foods and comfortable routines. But you won't miss the 3 or 5 pounds you lose in the first couple of weeks. You won't miss the 10 that come off in a month or six weeks.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I would agree with "abencase"'s post. Dont focus on how quickly you can lose 100 pounds. Just take your time, make a few changes each day/week and most importantly make healthy decisions. The weight will come off, but you will feel much better, which is the best part! Eat more natural foods, do some exercise, dont starve yourself. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! I guess the biggest thing for me is that I freak out when I don't see a huge change in a short amount of time, and quit. I am trying to take it slowly.

AND about this.... why would you quit if you didn't see a HUGE change in a short amount of time? Did you get to be 100+ pounds from where you want to be in a short amount of time? I'm pretty sure you didnt (I know my weight gain happened over years, and I was never small - and before I knew it I was at 303.4lbs). So (no offense) but anyone that quits after not really giving it a fair shot just doesn't have the willpower and isn't strong enough --- this translates to that person not being READY mentally to really make a change.

lose it slowly and healthilly (is that a word?):laugh: seriously, I started my permanent journey to weight loss in August, I have been as heavy as 315 pounds busting out of a size 26...I now weigh 230 and wear a comfy 20 and some 18's I have almost reached my halfway mark! I do not do without! If I bite it I write it and I have never been happier! I have good days and bad days and even hit a big plateau! I gained on my vacation and it took 2 weeks to lose it, this has become a way of life for me and I will not turn back or give up ever!! You can friend me, good luck on your journey and DONT TURN BACK OR GIVE UP!!!:glasses:
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose and I have been doing this a year and I run into obstacles because I change something and it works for a while and then I have to find something else to kick myself back into gear. I am looking into like P90X and Jillian Michaels 90 workout because they get you over plateaus and you just keep burning (at least that's what they say). I would look into those if you can jump without hurting your knees (that's why i can't buy them just yet.