Does this happen to anyone else?

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
I wake up much earlier (say, by 1-3 hours) than my usual time. I pee and weigh myself, and I weigh a bit more than I normally would.

Then I drink a cup of water and go back to sleep. I wake up later, pee and weigh myself again. My weight is back to what it normally is.

This happens to me EVERY time I wake up earlier. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

The only plausible explanation I can think of is my body retains water during sleep as a part of nightly system reparation or whatever, then releases the water when it's ready to wake up (which means the second pee releases more water than I drank earlier). But maybe it's something else entirely... like my scale throwing a fit because I woke it up too early... :laugh:

Replies

• justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i've noticed that if i wake up early and weigh myself, then go to sleep and wake up again like 3-4 hours later and weigh myself, i'm usually lighter!! but i don't drink anything when i do this haha... i always assumed it was just more proof that our bodies really do need at least 8 hours of sleep to lose weight!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Somewhere long ago I read that in the morning you will weigh the least in part due to small changes in gravity due to the cycle of the moon. However I haven't been able to find anything supporting that theory (though I haven't looked very hard). But who knows - maybe that's it!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me too ^^. This morning, I jolted awake at 6 AM, went to the bathroom, and then weighed myself just for kicks, and I was only down a pound from what I was last night after dinner. Then I went back to sleep, woke up again around 10, went to the bathroom, weighed myself, and I was down another pound~
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I'll have to pay attention. Normally I don't get to go back to sleep after I get up though
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'm always 2lbs lighter when I weigh my self in the morning. However, if I happen to get up a couple hours earlier then the norm? I'm only 1lb lighter. But if I don't eat or drink anything and just wait till the normal weigh time? I'm the usual 2lbs lighter. Just the way my body works.
  • rebeccafromwoywoy
    Options
    You know how if you breathe out onto a mirror or window, it fogs up? That's water, coming out of your lungs. Every breath out expels a little water. The longer you breathe (without putting more food into your body or clothes on that will make you weigh more), the lower you will weigh.