Best AFFORDABLE (cheap) DVD? 30-Day Shred? Other?

Options
megleo818
megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
Hello!

I'm looking to grab a workout DVD for those days that I can't make it to the gym. My ideal video would be an intense, 60-minute workout that doesn't require too much lateral movement (tricky knee, but I can modify) and has good music. I see a lot of folks talking about the 30-Day Shred, which is ten bucks at Target (nice!) Who likes it? Do I need a mat or weights? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!!

Replies

• stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dude. Get ALL of Bob Harper's dvds. SO worth it. He'll have you DRIPPING and PANTING

but if you want music, then maybe look into turbojam or something like that.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I purchased Jillian's 4 pack DVD set(from Amazon) that includes 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, banish fat boost metabolism, and no more trouble zones about 2 weeks ago....LOVE them all! The BFBM and NMTZ end up @ about 50 minutes and I burned about 550-560 calories according to my heartrate monitor. The 30 day shred & yoga meltdown are about 35-40 minutes and I burned about 300+ calories.
    You will need some light hand weights (not for yoga) and if you have a hardwood or tile floor you'll need a mat for all.
  • megleo818
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to Target tomorrow to see what they've got in stock. Seems like the two "Biggest Loser" coaches are the ones to work with. Bonus if I get something with Bob Harper is that I can chuckle every time I look at him in those hilarious shorts and long socks he always wears ...
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    there is jillian micheals 30 day shred on youtube!
  • tobykang
    tobykang Posts: 24
    Options
    I always like the Firm series but some of the videos are corny (circa 80s legwarmers). I also really like Jari Love Extreme Ripped 1000 (available on Amazon). I have all of Jillian Michaels DVDs I like 30 day shred but her shred it with weights workout is also a killer!

Firm Series, Jari Love, 30 day shred- Weights and a mat needed
    Jillian Michaels Shred it- Weights and/or kettlebell
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Well, apparently there's something wrong with the link...
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    those links dont exist
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    just find a torrent site and download away. definitely the cheapest. your options are endless.
  • megleo818
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm not really cheap, just not psyched to lay down $100+ for something that I'll only use in a pinch. All your suggestions are greatly appreciated!
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to Target tomorrow to see what they've got in stock. Seems like the two "Biggest Loser" coaches are the ones to work with. Bonus if I get something with Bob Harper is that I can chuckle every time I look at him in those hilarious shorts and long socks he always wears ...

Lmao hey jillian makes fun of him for that too!! But hes so cute it works ;D
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper is selling his DVDs on his website for $5 each. I ordered some last week - still waiting for them but I hear they are good. Seriously though - $5 each ---And I am cheap. I can't afford to spend money on ME when I spoil my child and my husband! So $5 is perfect.

I like 30DS and have lost weight with it. I used 5lb and 10lb weights with that work out and level 1 and 3 are the ones I do the most. level 2 just sucks.
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix, they have a crap load of workout videos you can stream or rent.
    Also, try youtube, there's millions of uploaded workout videos and whole channels devoted to physical trainers and pilates/yoga instructors that make videos/blogs for followers.
    ^^^All free, or included in your existing Netflix $