Tap Out XT

Options
nashai01
nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
So, I did Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift, Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, Turbo Jam etc. Now I'm trying to do another extreme workout like insanity. I seen the infomericial for Tap Out and it looks like I would love to hate this program. Has anyone else every done it?

Replies

• nashai01
    Options
    Bump anyone?
  • mattsmom64
    mattsmom64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing this program...I feel that it is a cross between P90X and Insanity. The workouts are very intense but they are fun. The instructor, Mike, used to work for BB so you'll see a couple of familiar moves (i.e. superman) but he also adds a little twist to them. You can tell that he really knows what he is doing. He will break down all of the moves so you can practice your form.....There is a Facebook group that has lots of info from members...check it out at http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/250643475031164/
    good luck!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Insanity: The Asylum is pretty intense. I finished it about a month ago.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks. I will def check out the facebook group. I know I'm going to need support to finish the program.
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just ordered TapouT XT and I'm super excited. I'm hoping my hubby does it too. I'm currently in bootcamp but I don't think I can afford it for more than a few months so I plan to continue the burn with this video series. I joined the Facebook support group so I'm hopeful.
  • nashai01
    Options
    I'm so excited to start!
  • nashai01
    Options
    My dvd is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm ready
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I wrote a review on TapouT XT here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/622298-rushfit-vs-tapout-xt-my-review-opinion-observation

TapouT XT is overall a collection of very good INDIVIDUAL workouts, but the schedule was designed pretty poorly with no real methodology behind it. It's best to make your own schedule using the workouts included. The 15 minute ab workout is a waste of time since you hit your core hard with every base workout.

Also look into Rushfit and Rip: 60
  • nashai01
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/622298-rushfit-vs-tapout-xt-my-review-opinion-observation

TapouT XT is overall a collection of very good INDIVIDUAL workouts, but the schedule was designed pretty poorly with no real methodology behind it. It's best to make your own schedule using the workouts included. The 15 minute ab workout is a waste of time since you hit your core hard with every base workout.

Ok thanks I will def look into it. Do you feel like the program was worth it. I know you stated to change the dvd workouts but are the workouts good?
  • contingencyplan
    Options

Ok thanks I will def look into it. Do you feel like the program was worth it. I know you stated to change the dvd workouts but are the workouts good?

The workouts themselves are absolutely amazing. Some of the best home fitness stuff I've ever seen and, IMO, superior to anything Beachbody is putting out. It's when you put it all together according to the schedule that things start to seem retarded. I highly recommend you getting TapouT XT. Just be sure to throw their schedule out the window and make your own.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of this program and am absolutely loving it! It's definitely getting me more results than my 2 rounds of Insanity did!
  • nashai01
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of this program and am absolutely loving it! It's definitely getting me more results than my 2 rounds of Insanity did!

Really? Great Thanks! I wish my order would hurry up so I can post reviews.
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    I have done Jillian before and would like to try either of these dvd's Rushfit or TapOut XT. I normally run but my schedule has just changed. So I can handle the impact which one would you recommend.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I have done Jillian before and would like to try either of these dvd's Rushfit or TapOut XT. I normally run but my schedule has just changed. So I can handle the impact which one would you recommend.

Depends on your goals. TapouT XT I would say places a greater emphasis on cardio and less emphasis on resistance, so it is better for pure calorie burn. For all other aspects of fitness, though, I would say Rushfit is superior.
  • nashai01
    Options
    I'm 7 pounds away from my weight loss goal. I'm really trying to focus more on toning soon. Do you think tap out will help with both?
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I'm 7 pounds away from my weight loss goal. I'm really trying to focus more on toning soon. Do you think tap out will help with both?

It will, but honestly I think anyone who is within ~15 lbs of their weight goal without much fat left to lose would benefit more from a program based mainly on strength training than one based mainly on cardio.
  • nashai01
    Options
    ok thanks
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    For you I would definitely recommend Rushfit over TapouT XT because you really need to place a greater emphasis on muscle building than continued fat burning at this point.
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    I still have a good 20 pounds to lose and am looking for a more cardio based workout as I would like to keep it up for when I can run. I might get some workouts from both and see which one I like the best.