I'm new and am very surprised with the calorie count

Options
I just started this and I am very surprised of all the calories that are consumed daily!! I have never counted my calories, so just my first day (yesterday) I was surprised how much food can be consumed when not really paying attention!! No wonder I can't loose weight how I want to. This is going to help me figure out what I need to do to reach my weight loss goal and I am happy my friend introduced me to this. This will be a good tool to help me reach my goal of maybe 20lbs?? My goal is to be 20lbs thinner by mid Feb.

:wink:

Replies

• zombiebullet
    Options
    Hello and welcome
    Best wishes
  • winky_gurl
    Options
    I'm newer too and I was just as surprised!!! This is my first time counting and most of mine were from pepsi. Since I started counting i don't drink pepsi and I'm already losing alot! Good luck and stay strong and you'll make it!!
  • salasserrano
    Options
    Thanks.I know we will all make it, and yes there will be weak days, but that is okay. Let's just keep focused and keep going.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I KNOW HUH!? I had initially thought I was one of those people in starvation mode! Then you start REALLY COUNTING! What an eye opener huh!
  • IDefineMe
    Options
    I completely agree. I had no idea how much I was eating as far as calories until I started using this site. Kind of puts it in perspective for me. Good luck and best wishes!!!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm newer too and I was just as surprised!!! This is my first time counting and most of mine were from pepsi. Since I started counting i don't drink pepsi and I'm already losing alot! Good luck and stay strong and you'll make it!!

Start drinking NOTHING BUT water.. adn watch how fast you lose a good chunk of weight! i started drinking nothing but water adn lost about 12 lbs in less then a month. people eat good but dont realize how many calories they are actually drinking... =] just thought i would share a tip that helped me alot
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Yep, you don't really realize how badly you eat until you analyze every little thing you put in your mouth! :grumble:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly new here, but I was shocked when I first started. I was able to just make a few changes that took off weight without trying. Now, I have to try harder, but I lost 20 lbs in a little less that a year.

Good luck!