WEIGHT GAIN DURING TOM???

Options

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    http://www.pmscentral.com/pms-weight-gain

It's normally during the week before your period.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    im weird. i dont change weight at all.... and SORRY BUT ALL CAPS IS YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    First day and all through it I'll usually go up about 3 pounds, even without changing anything I eat.

The the day after the last day, it all comes off, I can tell 'cause I have to pee like 10 times that day.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I eat nothing different during this time and drink nothing different during this time and I still gain 1 to 2 lbs. Sorry I'm one of those people who don't usually crave anything during this time. I used to but haven't in the last few years.

Lucky b!#ch!!

Haha
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    mine is 2-3 days before then up to 1-2 days after....it's really annoying.
  • amallia921
    amallia921 Posts: 51
    Options
    I start gaining before it starts... And all the way through...
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It is really weird for me I know mine is coming on because I will gain weight about a week before it comes.... then right before it comes on I drop weight....
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i do at both and right now i gained cause of tom making me upset every one has said i look smaller but this week on the scale at first i lost but now im showing a gain ... :sad:
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    Towards the beginning. Sucks for us. The bad thing is I have it for a week so no help with weight loss.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    THANX!!! I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS. ITS BETTER FOR ME. NO NEED TO BE SOOOOOO SENSITIVE, ITS ONLY CAPS. :smooched:

^^^ This! :P

I'm actually hoping that I'll lose weight. I'll know at the end of this week tho!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    im weird. i dont change weight at all.... and SORRY BUT ALL CAPS IS YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JULES, YOU ARE HURTING MY EARS....

Other than that...I notice some bloating and a bit of weight gain during TOM, but other than that its gone by cycles end.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I gain weight in the beginning but if I keep up my same routine, eating within my calories and exercising then it comes off at the end. If I pig out and lay around then some of it stays I find.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I usually dip right before it starts for some reason (probably because my body does a "purge" right before and I can't keep any food in more than a few minutes because of the extra fluid --- I'm trying to keep this from being TMI).

I will usually peak at 1-2 lbs up about 2 days in and then it holds until about 7-10 days after. Then I go back to regularly scheduled programming. If I'm well hydrated, the weight gain seems to be less though.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My problem isn't hormonal. A couple days before my TOM starts, I am just so hungry all the time. I can't seem to get full and I think it is my body preparing for the assault. I have to force myself to only eat low calorie during those times.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i gain some water weight right before and keep it til it has finished its course... damn water weight.. lol
  • mrsjms
    mrsjms Posts: 6
    Options
    A few days before. That is when I have horrible cravings and want to eat the entire house.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Kinda throughout, then it goes away gradually a few days after. It sucks lol
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    i dont notice TOM ever being a problem, but I work treats into my plan. Sometimes I wonder if those that gain are just having extra calories and that is equating the gain?

Today is day one for me and I am down 1 lb right now. I will watch it more closely for the next week though.

i don't crave anything extra but still tend not to lose that week or gain an pound. Normally the week after I will then lose an extra pound.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Funny this should be asked today as I am currently riding the cotton pony. I gain 1-2 days before and feel like a water ballon the day of. I weigh the least the day I ovulate.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: WHEN DO YOU GAIN WEIGHT DURING TOM? IN THE BEGINNING OR TOWARDS WHEN IT IS ENDING?
    At the end, then it dissipates abput 3 days after its done.

As for the "its not TOM, its the food u eat": I disagree. I've regimented my diet that week several times and stil retain water...like clockwork. Again each body is different and blanket diagnoses are a bad idea.