Made these for 4yr old's birthday treats for daycare...

Options
radosti1
radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
Hope they make it until tomorrow...
533184_3749910100590_1498800734_n.jpg

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why? You are feeding them nothing but crap, white flour, sugar and more sugar.

SMH - Sorry, but this irritates me to no end.

Why not a huge fruit salad or something that has some actual nutrition for small growing bodies and developing bones and brains?????
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Its the kids birthday! Im sure you had treats on your birthday and I would hope the OP wouldn't feed her kid that sort of food every day lol.
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Paleo, are you kidding me? It's a birthday treat. I feed my kids fruit, veggies, lean meats and whole grains. But I am not a mean enough mom to not allow delicious treats for birthdays. That's why it's called a treat, not a food.

Yesterday, for his birthday party, they had cake and they had strawberries and blueberries at the party after bouncing. They all ate the fruit too.

If you don't get to eat stuff like this every once in a while as a kid, when do you get to eat it?
  • DeanRitter
    Options
    I agree that kids should have good treats for their birthday. No offense but, I would pass those up. They don't look good at all. Just my opinion.
    If you don't get to eat stuff like this every once in a while as a kid, when do you get to eat it?
    Never, thank goodness.
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think those look like an AMAZING birthday treat.
    As adults we know better and we understand the types of foods we should and should not eat, but I don't think there is one person that can say they haven't had sweets when they were a child.
    I agree children should be eating healthy and learning about nutrition at a young age, but let kids be kids for just a little while longer. It is all too often that children are forced to grow up and act like little adults before they are even old enough to drive. So who cares about one little birthday treat!!!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Did any of you go to Kindergarten?

I'm asking because that is where I learned "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Maybe you choose to live a life with NO white flour and NO processed sugar, but that does not make it wrong for people to eat these things, frequently or infrequently. Most daycares also allow parents to ask that their child not be given extra treats, so each parent there probably has the power to choose whether their child eats that treat, or one they send.

I think that looks like a perfectly fine TREAT for children. Not a daily snack maybe, but a TREAT. As for being healthy, not every person holds the same food morals as others, but given a world where Wal-Mart made trans-fat laden cupcakes are the norm, this would be on the healthier spectrum of dessert.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I think they look great for a treat!

Nothing irritates me more than a HUGE cupcake with a veritable FLOAT of processed " frosting ' on top, sprayed with chemical colourant.. bleeeeeech. My kids won't eat cupcakes made at the store.

But they'd eat those pretzels! NOM!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    They look great! Happy Birthday to your little one!
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    Those look like a fun birthday treat. I'm sure your child and the rest at the daycare are going to enjoy them!
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options

I'm guessing When they are old enough to go buy it themselves and then gorge themselves on junk because they never got to have any treats as kids.....

They look yummy, by the way, I'm sure the kiddies will love them :-)
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can't believe some of the responses - it's a birthday treat! I hope your child has a lovely birthday! x
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Its the kids birthday! Im sure you had treats on your birthday and I would hope the OP wouldn't feed her kid that sort of food every day lol.

I agree !!!
  • tehpounce
    tehpounce Posts: 64
    Options
    I'd rather those than a cupcake be handed to a kid. It's a birthday treat! Leave those kids and their pretzel sticks alone! More power to you OP!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hope they make it until tomorrow...
    533184_3749910100590_1498800734_n.jpg

Happy birthday to your lil one! They look great and don't let the other post get to you !!!
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WOW !! People are something else :) The treats look awesome!! Dont let some of these messages bother you some of them forgot what it was like being a kid :)
  • RistinaWin
    RistinaWin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    They look awesome! Great choice and Happy Birthday to your little one!!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why? You are feeding them nothing but crap, white flour, sugar and more sugar.

SMH - Sorry, but this irritates me to no end.

Why not a huge fruit salad or something that has some actual nutrition for small growing bodies and developing bones and brains?????

WTF!! :noway: And no toys either I hope - just something that stimulates their developing brains! lol
    Hope the kids enjoy the yummy looking treats and have a great day. Happy Birthday to your 4yr old.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    oh my god! i dont normally comment when something pisses me off but seriously?! its this kids birthday they're allowed a little something nice. and as a previous poster said - all the kids i know who had super pushey, innocent, health freak strict parents have all ended up going crazy on what they were deprived as soon as they were given the opportunity. if you make a huge deal out of treats they;'re just going to want them more. enough said.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    They look great. Happy Birthday to the little one. :) I am sure the kids will love them! You do what you do! You are not a bad mom for giving your little one a treat.
    Some people are rude, and inconsiderate to say the least.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    they look fab and happy birthday to the little one! my boy is 4 in july and im going to try and make these!!!

re posters putting down foods for a kids birthday party---IDIOTS! ITS A KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTY!! WHAT EVER NEXT?!?!