JOIN US! Sixers Heading into the Holidays - Starting 10/26

Options
The Sixers are a group of MFPers who join together to do six week challenges (hence the nickname 'Sixers'!).

Our next challenge begins Tuesday, October 26th. INITIAL WEIGH IN.

We set our goals based on the weight we want to lose in the next six weeks. It can be any number you choose. If asked, we'd recommend aiming for 10%-15% of your total weight left to lose. For some, this is too much, and for some this is too small. Again, it's YOUR goal. We are here to encourage you!

We officially weigh in every Tuesday, updating our list. (You'll see the list when we start the next challenge. It's your name, Start Weight, Goal Weight, Current Weight, and +/- lbs. Very simple to follow.) We unofficially weigh in on Fridays (optional).

If you are looking for a group for accountability and support, come join us!!! :flowerforyou:

f_8a2b0d7919a3.gif

christmas_graphics_07a.gif

christmas4-01.gif

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    i would love to! I am not in any groups and i think it would be a great motivator for me!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    hey all......

keep your eye out for the beginning thread of the 6 week start on 10/26. so gear up and get your plan together.
    the thread name will be sixers heading into the holidays wk1.
    welcome to all. we are great bunch.

later
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Look at all the newbies ... I'm so excited .... Welcome welcome welcome!!!

36613.jpg
  • sandyt1975
    Options
    I'm a newbie...Let the FUN begin!

We just finished the Biggest Loser at work (19 pounds in 9 weeks...woohoo) so I am ready to go!
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Im want to join.....Ive been having such a hard time with exercising AND eating right ..and I don't like it :grumble: ........this really sounds like it will motivate me into getting back in the swing of it...thanks!! :smile:

Kelly
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this. I've been on here for a month, I'm doing great, but I think it's time to set some concrete short term goals. What a great group!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yay, so glad to see the excitement in new faces!!! We'll keep tabs on you guys, so keep a look out for the thread next Tuesday. Just jump in and post and you have "joined" :bigsmile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have about 5 weeks until my 35th, which has been my own personal goal, but some support would be awesome!
  • TERVIN
    TERVIN Posts: 19
    Options
    I would also love to join!! I am a newbie and this is the first group I have joined so I am not entirely sure how this all works. How do we get set up and started? :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I would also love to join!! I am a newbie and this is the first group I have joined so I am not entirely sure how this all works. How do we get set up and started? :)

Next week we will create a thread titled something like "Sixers Heading into the Holidays". You'll see where we post our data in a list (I'll post an example below). You will add your name and info and voila -- you are in the group!! :smile:

Example List:
    Cathy (chipper)SW230.6 lbs/GW 225 lbs/CW 231.6 lbs PROGRESS +1 lb
    Maggie (magglett) SW 176.5/GW 168.5/CW 176 PROGRESS -.5 lb Stayed the same this week
    T (datenshi) SW 222.4 / GW 216 / CW 211.6 PROGRESS: -10.8 lbs
    Kel (redneckwoman) SW 155 / GW 154 / CW 155 Progress - 0.0
    Amy (amypyr) SW 152.4 lbs / GW 145 lbs / CW 151.2 lbs PROGRESS -1.2 lbs
    AmyLou SW 152.2/GW 147/CW 154 PROGRESS +1.8lbs.
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising) SW 156.6 lbs/GW 153 lbs/CW 150.4 lbs PROGRESS -6.2 lbs
  • TERVIN
    TERVIN Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome, sounds easy!

Now I am excited to get started. :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    You'll love it! We are a great group. We check in as much as possible, give each other recipes, talk about our lives and stressors, talk about exercise, current events, whatever. Just a group to help hold you accountable and support you while you acheive your goal. :smile:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Its so great to see so many new faces ready to join!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome one and all. This is the greatest group of ladies around. You will all love us sixers.

Kel:heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    WOW lookie all the newbies....

ok, guys less than a week to launch. let's get this party ready to roll.
    lauryn..you get balloons
    kel...how about some plates and napkins
    maggie...i want that sign in real life. love that kind of country stuff. you bring the veggies.
    drtamm...bring the drinks
    me...i'll bring some music.
    what i left off feel free to bring it along. just 5 days left.......
    newies just bring your numbers to plug in....

yea, let's get ready....:laugh:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Soooooo Excited!! Look at all the newbies!! And yay for our shall we say our established Sixers?! Love you ladies!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    WOW lookie all the newbies....

ok, guys less than a week to launch. let's get this party ready to roll.
    lauryn..you get balloons
    kel...how about some plates and napkins
    maggie...i want that sign in real life. love that kind of country stuff. you bring the veggies.
    drtamm...bring the drinks
    me...i'll bring some music.
    what i left off feel free to bring it along. just 5 days left.......
    newies just bring your numbers to plug in....

yea, let's get ready....:laugh:

Chipper ... you're too funny ... here's the veggies ...

veggietales1.jpg
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP today after losing 50 pounds on another weight loss site and then hitting a rough spot and gaining 17 back. That site has gone to crap so I am really glad I found this one!