HRM Question

Options
I have a Polar F6, which I love. I am curious if anyone else who has a HRM, changes the settings as you lose weight? Do you change you weight in the settings to get a more accurate calorie burn?

Replies

• dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yes, I change mine at every 5 pound mark.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    absolutely you should, if you don't it will be incorrect in it's calorie burn counts.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I change mine every 5 pounds lost also.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I also change mine as I gain/lose weight so it is as accurate as possible. In doing that I try to use the same scale to make sure the weight is accurate as well.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11. I change mine around every 5 pounds also. I also periodically have it re-test the V02 (I think that's what it's called) since I am getting stronger in a cardiovascular sense. That reading was low when I first got it and is slowing going up to a more normal level.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Does anyone use the polar uplink took to upload it to your computer and track your progress? I read a little on it about holding the watch close to the computer speaker?? I have to try it sometime over the weekend.
  • sslandy
    sslandy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can go to Polar and download the program to upload the data from you Polar F6. You need to have a microphone on your computer in order to upload the data to it.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11. I used to upload my data but I keep all my times in a journal now, it's just easier for me to go back and look at things when I want to.