323 Calorie Bacon And Egg Shirataki Breakfast Stir Fry

finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
Bacon And Egg Shirataki Breakfast Stir Fry

Use shirataki noodles to make your tasty breakfast filling, too!

Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray, heat pan to HIGH and add 1/2 to 1 pound of shirataki noodles that have been thoroughly rinsed in hot water and drained.

While the noodles start to fry, chop two green onion stocks and some sliced mushrooms and add them as well.

Once the noodles look fairly dry (about 8 minutes) add the fat of your choice. I used two teaspoons of bacon fat but you can use a half tablespoon of butter, if you prefer.

Break up two strips of bacon into the stir fry that have been precooked. (I always cook up a pound at a time so that I have some ready to go.) If you’re in a hurry you can microwave the two strips in between a few paper towels.

(Alternately, you can add the uncooked bacon at the beginning of the cooking process. Just cut it up, add with the shirataki noodles— and don’t add any fat to the pan since the bacon will provide that for you.)

Season to taste. (I used ground pepper and cayenne pepper.)

It should look something like this:

tumblr_m4y4rmrAoz1qeupem.jpg

Reduce heat to MEDIUM, beat two eggs and pour them over the stir fry:

tumblr_m4y4so92Ue1qeupem.jpg

Use your spatula to keep the stir fry broken up in the pan and when the eggs are done they should look like this:

tumblr_m4y4tkxjg61qeupem.jpg

Serve!

tumblr_m4y4ueZ4Z11qeupem.jpg

Calorie Count:

Shirataki noodles: 0
Green onions (2 stocks): 6
Eggs (2 large): 140
Bacon (2 slices, double smoked): 80
Bacon fat (2 tsp): 77
Mushrooms (1/4 cup): 15
Cooking spray (5 sprays): 4
Cayenne pepper (1 tsp): 0
Ground Black Pepper (.3 tsp): 1

Total Calories: 323

For more of my recipes please check out my MFP blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

For my post on shirataki noodles please follow this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/536767-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles

-iwinbreakfast!chelle

Replies