Smoothies/Protein Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who drinks vegaone? LOVE it!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I just but the kind that Costco sells, it works fine for me. I blend spinach into mine (a tip I learned here) It gets in 2 servings of good veggies. It may look gross but you can't taste the spinach in it so it works for me!
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Be Careful when buying Protein Powders!!! Consumer Reports tested several different kinds and found high levels or metals and arsenic in them.

I only use Optimum Nutrition, Gaspari, shakeology and Pure Protein. Others may be ok but I'd research before I used them.

I love peanut butter and banana in mine.

Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate is great! Tastes like chocolate milk when mixed with milk! Sometimes I mix mine with Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk sometimes when I'm trying to save a few calories.

Pure Protein kills my stomach...I won't go into details haha...but I'm sure it wouldn't do that with everyone.
  • Shawna_831
    Shawna_831 Posts: 316
    Options
    I make a Berry-Banana smoothie that I love and is low cals & fat!

1/2 cup Danon Light and Fit vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup blackberries/raspberries mixed
    1/4 Frozen strawberries
    1 Banana
    1 cup skim milk
    1 tsp ginger *optional
    About 1 cup of ice or more if needed

Makes 2 servings
    137 cals per serving
  • cdjk
    cdjk Posts: 3
    Options
    Love Vega one, helps me meet all of my nutritional needs and gives me energy for the day. I mix it up with orange juice, pc 0% greek yogurt ( if I want more protein) and frozen strawberries, or what ever fruit I have on hand. Have also added it to a green smoothie with spinach, romaine, apple, pear, water and celery. My sister just started using it about 3 weeks ago and has noticed a huge improvement in her energy levels and says her skin has improved. She puts it in orange juice and shakes it up for breakfast on the go.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Allmax is my preferred protein of choice, I usually mix it with low-fat milk if I don't do it with just water. Especially good with the Chocolate Mint Supreme and Chocolate Peanut Butter. It's low-cal, virtually carb and sugar free (under a gram of each usually if there is any at all) plus real chocolate chips in the choc. PB flavor!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Michael and I am a Gaspari Myofusion Milk Chocolate addict.

*joins the club*