Heart rate monitor recommendations

Options
Hi there everyone just after some recommendations for a decent heart rate monitor. Which brand do you use? The watch on mine died today but it was only a cheap $20 job from aldi. I did notice that when doing Boxercise the watch on this one (Crane) was rather bulky and the buttons kept getting bumped when I punched from the gloves, which was rather distracting. Any recommendations would be great Thanx.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people rave about Polar HRM's so I'm going to join the gang. I've got an FT4 and it's brilliant. Not cheap but if you're serious about monitoring it might be worth the investment :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is what ive got and bought it second hand off ebay its brilliant:bigsmile:
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. I basically did the same as you, asked people what they recommended and Polar seemed very popular. When I got mine I got sick so I haven't used it yet so I can't tell you how it goes sorry..
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4 love mine have had it for about 6 months. Easy to set up and very user friendly.
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    I've recently bought a Polar FT40 and I love it - very simple to use and I really like the way it tells you whether you're in fitness mode or fat-burning mode.

Good luck!
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Polar are market leaders in my opinion. I have an F11 it about 8 years old. Customer service excellent; mine is waterproof so I can log my swimming! I needed battery replaces, and needed the seal watertight: excellent swift service. HRMs are addictive! remember this when you are lying in a darked room trying to get the lowest resting heart rate ever!! :)
  • nitafree9
    nitafree9 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanx Everyone, Polar definatly looks like a winner.