YUM discovered awesome vegan protein powder today!

Options
sleepytexan
sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
So tasty!

Vega Sport Perfomrance Protein (bought at Whole Foods)! Dairy, Gluten and Soy free!

Cals: 120
Carb: 6
Protein: 25 -- woot!

They were sampling the chocolate, which was very good; I bought a packet of the vanilla and mixed with soy milk, almond butter and frozen berries.

I have been using Spiru-tein and this is better.

I also picked up 5 other packets to try before buying the big container, but this one is delicious.

Replies

• FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup that is what I drink=)
  • starlituniverse
    Options
    Not a huge fan of soy milk, but I LOVE almond milk. I might have to go pick this up sometime and try it. I have been looking into good vegan options, since I am working on going vegan right now. I was pretty much vegetarian before and rarely eat eggs, fish and never drink milk. Cheese is honestly the only difficult thing for me and I haven't been finding it too difficult to keep out of my diet.

I have switched from almost all of the refined sugars and bad oils I used to use as well.

What flavors were there?
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Vega makes awesome stuff! Its kind of expensive at Whole Foods, though, so right now I'm using chocolate Life's Basics, with is also soy and gluten free. Its pretty tasty, too.
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Alright. That clinches it. I almost ordered some last night and didn't want to spend the bucks in case it was yucky.
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Not a huge fan of soy milk, but I LOVE almond milk. I might have to go pick this up sometime and try it. I have been looking into good vegan options, since I am working on going vegan right now. I was pretty much vegetarian before and rarely eat eggs, fish and never drink milk. Cheese is honestly the only difficult thing for me and I haven't been finding it too difficult to keep out of my diet.

I have switched from almost all of the refined sugars and bad oils I used to use as well.

What flavors were there?

I saw chocolate, vanilla, and berry. Stevia sweetened. I am really impressed with this one!
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Alright. That clinches it. I almost ordered some last night and didn't want to spend the bucks in case it was yucky.

I think it's really good! If you have a Whole foods near you, you can probably pick up a packet for $3-something to try it out.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Oh this is great! I've been looking around for vegan protein powder. Thanks for posting! :)
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love Vega-One. I drink the chocolate mixed with soy milk, sometimes with a banana added. I also had the berry flavor, but I don't like it unless its made into a smoothie with other berries.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've been debating whether or not to try this protein but find its amino profile not that great...
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was looking for good vegan options but I wasn't brave enough to order one because I was a little worried they wouldn't taste good. The price is high though... meh ...
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love sunwarrior's warrior blend. it's cranberry, hemp, and pea protein. 80 cals/scoop with 15g protein. the chocolate and vanilla are both awesome. i've bought 2lb bags for $40 on amazon.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    bump! (good to know for when I'm back in the U.S.)
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A physician I work with recently recommended a rice protein for a vegan protein powder. Wondering if anyone has tried it before I buy.