Yummy Low Cal Wrap

Options
Leslie85
Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
This is so quick and easy, and perfect to pack to take with you for lunch! Here's what you do.

Dice up about 1/2 cup of cucumber- or however much you like! They're hardly any calories at all!
Mix cucumber with Laughing Cow cheese,spread on a tortilla, add sliced turkey, and roll up! It's a perfect, light summertime meal!

Couple things- I used La Banderita Low Carb, low fat tortillas. They were the larger taco sized ones, so I wanted more cheese, so I mixed the Laughing Cow light swiss wedge with a Laughing Cow Garden Vegetable cream cheese wedge and it was really yummy! However, if one wedge is enough for you, it'd cut back on the calories even more! Here is how the calories worked out for me- and this was very filling, by the way!

224 calories
16 carbs
8 fat
18 protein.

Replies

• some1se
    some1se Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds great!
    Thanks for the tip :) Will multigrain wraps do too?
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    How is the sodium?
    I found that my sodium is way out of control more then my calories.
  • nannalena
    nannalena Posts: 2
    Options
    This does sound wonderful! I have a gluten issue so I use large romaine lettuce leaves as my bread. Gluten free bread has not come to the sandwich level yet:-{. Perfect lunch or quick afternoon snack!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A local restaurant near our home makes a "Fruit N Cheese" wrap.

Apples (chunks), dried cranberries, grapes (cut in half), carrots (shredded), scallions, spring mix and bleu cheese crumble. Red wine vinigrette is available, but I never get it.

I love it!

The calories are easy to calculate.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
    Thanks for the tip :) Will multigrain wraps do too?

Yes! I'm sure multigrain would be great! I just bought these because they were only 81calories for a pretty large wrap- and that was the best I could find at my grocery store.
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummalicious..will definitely try!
  • authenticspirit
    Options
    I live for recipes like this ~ thanks a bunch!
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a good tortilla, I swear by Joseph's brand. They are 70 calories, and they actually taste GOOD!
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump