new here

Options
Hello. Im new to MFP, not new to nutrition and exercise tho. I go through "healthy streaks", Crash diets and extreme exercising then streaks of not giving a crap. I want to get out of this yoyo lifestyle and just be healthy. I want to lose about 10 pounds and be stronger overall. I quit smoking today so this makes it that much harder but I've replaced cigerettes with carrots so hopefully it works without packing on the pounds. So if ya wanna add me I could use all the support I can get and a little added bonus I'm trained in helping people find the motivation to make healthier choices, it's my job. yup kinda feel like a hypocrite.

Replies

• Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi Staci, yes I hear you about the goals thing. I worked with special needs people and a big part of that job was helping people develop goals. About 6 years ago I was able to finally kick the ciggy habit an it's been fantastic. I can breathe and climb stairs again!

If you stick with MFP and track your food and do your exercising you will lose that 10 pounds. More importantly you will have to fight to not gain weight from the no smoking thing.

Good luck!

-V-
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your not a hypocrite, just honest!! Stop being hard on yourself silly! 10 lbs. is a cake walk, this site will make is so simple & easy, You can add me for support! Take care!
  • bkknights
    bkknights Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new to MFP as well. I also come with some knowledge about eating healthy and exercising. Despite this I went through two pregnancies and am now at my heaviest /unhealthiest 7 months after my little one was born. I applaud you on quitting smoking, I'm sure it will be very hard yet equally rewarding. I'll send you a friend request. Good luck!!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am working on quitting smoking as well. I am going to add you a friend.... we can support each other!
  • staci2468
    staci2468 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks everyone. brklyn I know exactly how you feel with the pregnancy, I gained 80 lbs when I was pregnant. My daughter is 9 now and I've lost most of it but it was a huge struggle. You can do it too! good luck
  • staci2468
    staci2468 Posts: 25
    Options
    great thanks. How many days in are you?