Highs low impact aerobics?

Options
How do you guys define the diff. Because I'm doing a cardio workout and am trying to figure out how much I'm burning. I'm totally out of shape so I am not able to do a lot but I get really tired, out of breath so not sure what to put. Thanks for any response.

Replies

• AndMee
    AndMee Posts: 23
    Options
    High impact is working at a fast past for a longer period of time with a short rest period in between - for example sprinting in place for a minute as fast as you can, resting or jogging in place for 30 seconds and repeating. Low impact is the opposite. I also use a heart monitor when I work out. There are many out there on the market. The one I have not just tells me my heart rate, but calories burned. For my height/age/weight my low impact heart rate is around 130 whereas my high impact is around 180.

If you decide to get a heart monitor, there are many different kinds out there, read as many reviews as you can, but usually the better ones (even the watch ones) will have you program your height/age/weight as these do have an impact on your heart rate.

Good luck and welcome to MFP.
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Thanks!