Anime before a Workout

Options

Replies

• Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I cant say i use anime as a motivator.
    However i do use the idea of cosplaying as a motivator! =)
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I cant say i use anime as a motivator.
    However i do use the idea of cosplaying as a motivator! =)

I do it as well. I have the goal of being Kratos next year. Maybe one day I would go for Zabuza as well, but Kratos is the main goal. I want to do his cosplay justice. I have not seen anyone pull off a really good Kratos yet.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    another bleach fan here :P

only, i cant exercise and watch at the same time LOLOL the music (esp the intros) have great beats!!!!!!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My fiance is an anime freak.. I dont quite understand it.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I haven't... but I might fire up netflix on the phone while I'm at the gym later and try something new. :) Only regret is that it would be English dub. :(

English dub isn't horrible on all of them. I preferred the english over the japanese voices when i watched FullMetal Alchemist

Well, I went with the first couple of episodes of Darker Than Black while on the Arc Trainer last night. Not bad so far. :) Voices are a little annoying. I'll stick with it for a few more eps, then decide.

One that had AWESOME English dubs is Last Exile. Holy cow, Lord Dio is ten times creepier in the English dub.
  • Syphur74
    Syphur74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haha what a topic! I used to Watch Naruto like crazy and I always tried to imitate Rock Lee when I worked out. The fact that he is a 'normal' human that has just pushed his body beyond the limits of what is real seemed like a decent enough motivation for me lol.
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    how did the rock lee mv workout?

i saw a few seconds of one and started working out immediately with rock lee's bushy eyebrows in my head. :laugh: anyone know of some good AMVs? i can't watch the episodes, b/c i'd never workout. i find thinking back to specific inspiring scenes are really helpful though. wish i would've saved them. now i don't know which episodes there were in.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    all the rock lee amv i am finding are not that great. made with badddd music.
  • ONE03
    Options
    all the rock lee amv i am finding are not that great. made with badddd music.

mute... choose your own music. :laugh:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I wish I could watch anime before I go, but my work outs are after work. Good to know someone else loves anime too.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Who watches anime before they go workout? I DO!

Team Gurren:

You dumbass! kick logic out and do the impossible. Remember that. That's the way Team Gurren roles!!!

Got to love animated motivation!

omg I LOVE Gurren Lagen!!

If I had all of my anime out of storage I would watch it before I work out lol
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Gurren Lagann is the best for motivation. "I will believe in the me, that believes in us, humans and the future!"

:D:D:D
  • nlawing
    nlawing Posts: 36
    Options
    Not before workouts, but I do watch and enjoy anime. Some of my favorites are Claymore, Elfen Lied, Angel Beats, Heroic Age, Death Note and High School of the Dead.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My people! I've been looking for you my whole life!

Unfortunately, with 5 and 7 year old daughters who are ridiculously mad for Anime, I have to be careful about what I watch. Needless to say, we watch a lot of Miyazaki stuff, none of the more mature stuff. We watched Origin last week, which was pretty bizarre but visually lovely. Now I'm thinking I need to get into some other series' when they've gone to bed though! My 7 year old has been reading Manga and comics for a few months now. I don't even want to THINK about her getting into cosplay in another 10-15 years, ha ha! :cry: I love it though, she's such a proud little geek. If Sheldon Cooper was a 7 year old girl, that's my daughter.

So what non-kid friendly series should I check out first? I've heard of both Bleach and Naruto, have not watched though. I started watching Cl'aanad a few months ago but got bored with it.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I always have to recommend my favorite animes....Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I love those two animes so much. they are not insanely long series so that is one thing and they are avail on netflix and hulu.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I haven't... but I might fire up netflix on the phone while I'm at the gym later and try something new. :) Only regret is that it would be English dub. :(

English dub isn't horrible on all of them. I preferred the english over the japanese voices when i watched FullMetal Alchemist

Well, I went with the first couple of episodes of Darker Than Black while on the Arc Trainer last night. Not bad so far. :) Voices are a little annoying. I'll stick with it for a few more eps, then decide.

One that had AWESOME English dubs is Last Exile. Holy cow, Lord Dio is ten times creepier in the English dub.

I keep wanting to watch darker then black, but i've never been able to sit and get started on it. Apparently i need to sit down and get to watching it.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I always have to recommend my favorite animes....Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I love those two animes so much. they are not insanely long series so that is one thing and they are avail on netflix and hulu.

Those two are EXCELLENT. Claymore and Berserk are awesome too!
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    i loved the claymore anime, till it ended. i was enjoying the manga for a while and then the way they ended anime had me angry.
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My people! I've been looking for you my whole life!

I couldn'tve said it better myself. Whenever I watch Bleach (subbed not dubbed) I feel pumped up. I think it's the music tho.
  • ONE03
    Options
    i LOVE death note! which led me to love toda erika. i thought misa misa was annoying in the manga but absolutely adore erika's misa. i wish they'd do a live action series, too. XD

should i watch claymore then? despite the ending? i like this other one... forgot the title but about a boy wanting to make japan bread. it started to drag towards the end, but i liked it. don't watch it if sweets are your weakness though, lol.